Illamasqua Noble & Cameo Nail Varnish (limited edition)

It’s not always possible to reinvent the “colour” wheel, but cult favourite brand Illamasqua, somehow makes it look easy. Looking deceptively simple in their tall rectangular bottles, the two limited edition hues of ‘Noble’ and ‘Cameo’, still manage to stand out nonetheless – by virtue of their unique twists on light blue. This is taking a primary colour to a whole other new level…

Illamasqua Noble & Cameo

Illamasqua Noble & Cameo

Noble – an intense cyan blue shade, in a formula that literally defines perfection: self-levelling and a perfectly flowing density – neither too thick, nor too thin, making application effortless. Thoroughly pigmented as well, it can easily be a 1-coater if applied thickly enough and the brilliant glossy finish at the end needs to be seen to be believed. Bonus: No staining left behind upon removal. Coats applied: 2

Illamasqua Noble – in sunlight

Illamasqua Noble – indirect light

Cameo – a vivid periwinkle blue with subtle lavender leanings, this shade was a touch more sheer than ‘Noble’, but with a similarly amazing application. This paradoxically vivid yet filtered-looking hue, falls in a completely self-levelling manner, also leaving behind an über-glassy shine to go with its totally unique colour … of which my husband felt compelled to comment on (“wow – what colour is THIS?)! Bonus: no staining left behind upon removal. Coats applied: 2

Illamasqua Cameo – in sunlight

Illamasqua Cameo – indirect light

Final thoughts: I shouldn’t have been surprised that Illamasqua would find a way to create something unseen before in a nail varnish; they seem to excel at that, and these two shades are living proof. Looking at them in the bottles, they not only appeared unassuming, but rather similar as well, leading me to believe that their differences would be negligible – happy to say how wrong I was. Looking through my collection of light blue shades, I found nothing even remotely close enough to compare, and so ‘Noble’ and ‘Cameo’ stand alone – and proud of it!

Available exclusively through Sephora, please note that these are limited edition shades.

*Disclaimer: Product samples provided by the company for my unbiased consideration

60 Responses to Illamasqua Noble & Cameo Nail Varnish (limited edition)

1. helenq says:

they look amazing! Somehow they seem neon without being neon, or even too garish. I love a bright nail varnish, may have to put these on my christmas list! I’m off to an Illamasqua masterclass this weekend, may have to drag myself out of there, the shop is lovely! If I get a chance I’ll write a post about it.

Noble is one of those shades that I love on others but am hesitant for myself – aqua doesn’t always work for me – but Cameo is right up my alley! It reminds me of a more vivid version of Essie’s Bikini So Teeny – love it, Eugenia!

3. pocketfulofpolish says:

Ahhhhh!!!! These look absolutely gorgeous. Pity I can’t get them here in Asia. My Sephora doesn’t have a Illmasqua stand ): /twiddles thumbs and waits for dupes

4. OH MY GOD. Noble looks like a body of water that you can just dive right into! Are these available in the Cdn Sephoras??? Feeling like I need to own every sunny blue shade of nail polish in the world right now.

I believe I saw them at the Sephora closest to me, but it was a while back so now, I’m not so sure; you may want to try and call them first, unless the store happens to be close to you & you can just pop in. And yeah….the colours are unbelievable!

5. olivia says:

Illamasqua does make great nail polish and the colors are so vivid and clear. I was looking for a cyan blue shade and I think Noble is it!

6. omg YES agreed, nothing quite like that Illamasqua formula. These shades are gorgeous on you, and I’m impressed they’re so unique!

7. Genie says:

Oh, bad, bad Eugenia…. guess who just visited the Sephora website? lol Those are so beautiful!

8. Uh oh… if you say there is nothing else like it… I must check these out at Sephora sometime! Noble is especially tempting!

9. HOLD THE PHONE. OMG CAMEO. OMG. Big Sis-I need it!

10. One of the joys of being a nail polish addict is seeing colors like these!

I laughed at your husband’s comment; I’m willing to bet he doesn’t even notice at least half the time! They both are very beautiful, though. I am having trouble deciding which I lke best! Thanks for the post!

HAHAHA! Thanks, Linda! To be perfectly honest, I NEVER go makeup shopping without him; his input has proven invaluable to me over the years, and he’s that rare creature who can see trends before they happen! Since you can’t decide between the colours, you may as well go for both!

• Linda says:

Does he have a brother? I’m available! LOL!

I literally laughed out loud reading this…then, I showed it to my husband (you made his night, lol!) Sadly, he’s the middle child between 2 sisters, so…no brother! I’ll keep you in mind if any likely candidates come along! ;)

12. Mara says:

I got both as soon as I saw them at Sephora and I wore them together because I couldn’t decide which one I should to use first… Cameo as a full mani with Noble accent nails. I swear I never had so many compliments before. In every single store I went, every SA asked me about the colors, even at Chanel and Dolce & Gabbana! I was impressed!!! And four days of wear, that was a record!!!
    Your pictures are gorgeous!!!

LOL! Thanks for the love, Mara…but I was even more interested to hear of your experience! How cool is that? So glad you were able to pick them up and what a creative way of wearing them!

13. Sandi says:

Omg Cameo!! I love that lavender touch that it has! I MUST see this in person! Thanks for the gorgeous swatches, I don’t own any Illamasqua polishes but you always make me want to reconsider.

You’re so welciome, Sandi…glad you enjoyed the swatches! For the record, Illamasqua makes totally amazing polishes…it’s a purchase I’m fairly certain you will so NOT regret!

• Sandi says:

So right after I left this comment, I walked over to the Sephora across the street from me and got the last bottle of Cameo! And on top of that, they had a gorgeous Illamasqua duo set that I ended up buying too. Because of those purchases, I got bumped up to Beauty Insider VIB…haha thanks for that :P

See? There’s a reason for everything! :) I was too backlogged to post these two beauties earlier (as in weeks/months earlier) but this way worked out eve better for you! Welcome to VIB status!

• Sandi says:

Thank you! I’m glad I got it just in time, I mean I could always order online but I don’t like to wait ;) And boy do I feel you on being backlogged…so much nail polish, so little time!

I wish it were just nail polish I was backlogged on….hair care products, body care products, skin tech gadgets, face care products, even fragrance! I’m waiting for someone to figure out how to stretch time ….

14. These are amazing, saturated blues. Oh my god. So amazing.

15. Gorgeous pictures! I just got Cameo and I can’t wait to wear it.

16. beachgal says:

I am such a sucker for these kind of blues! Do I have plenty in my collection? Yes – do I keep buying them? Yes!

17. claire says:

Cameo looks very nice. Blue nail polishes tend to look weird or off on me but cameo has a nice soft lilac (?) base.

Many people tend to be leery of blue polishes…myself included, but mainly because I’m always concerned about any staining issues (none here) – but you’re quite correct about ‘Cameo’s’ undertones … I believe it’s a shade that should suit all!

18. Arlett says:

Want them *_*
    Need them *_*

19. Meghan says:

Lol, when the husband/boyfriend/partner comments on your nails, you know it MUST be good! Blue is my favourite colour, and in my rushing off to work hurried state, all I can say is drool!!

20. Danny says:

OMG! Noble is amazing!!!

21. Both are aboslutely gorgeous! I love Cameo, such a unique, beautiful creme.

22. Nicole P. says:

I saw Cameo purely at random while browsing Sephora for Christmas gift ideas. I have almost all of Illamasqua’s nail varnishes and I think Cameo will definitely make it into my collection. :)

23. Jess says:

I NEED Cameo. So. Bad.

24. eileenie says:

OMG as soon as I saw a cameo swatch it became my favorite color <3 <3 <3 Unique blue cream = loveeeee