Cirque Colors: Objet d’Art Collection & a bonus!

Cirque Objet d'Art opener - new

Being a very details-oriented & driven person, it’s not often that something makes my jaw drop, but when I received this collection of Cirque Colors, that’s exactly what happened. Upon opening the box, I was greeted with a black tissue-wrapped package bearing a golden Cirque sticker that held within the 11 shades of the ‘Objet d’Art Collection’, and with each unveiling, I fell deeper & deeper into the spell of this brand. There is no aspect in the presentation that has been overlooked, from the beautifully bound press release info with its red-wax seal, the elegant black-on-black business card, to the uniquely crafted postcards – it really doesn’t get more fabulous than this!

Cirque Objet d'Art - new

First, a little background: Annie Pham, the mastermind behind this hand-blended artisanal line, had a vision of creating a range of lacquers that would go beyond and transcend those of conventional brands; by experimenting with unique pigments and raw materials, a distinctive handcrafted product was born. Free of toluene, formaldehyde, and dibutyl phthalate – the toxic trio, these varnishes are instead infused with lavender and clary sage essential oils to lend your nails a subtle scent once the polish dries. Even the name of the brand evokes an aura of mystery and glamour; according to Annie, she chose this name because “the name Cirque, meaning ring or circle, represents the color wheel and the endless color possibilities in the continuum” - I’d say she’s off to an excellent start!

“Cirque’s sophomore release, ‘Objet d’Art’, consists of 11 opulent colors that exude luxury and decadence. Inspired by works of art, such as Hirst’s “For the Love of God” and McQueen’s “Savage Beauty” exhibition, the collection features a multitude of finishes from vibrant micro glitters to sparkling neutrals, all suited to creating an art piece o one’s own canvas”

Cirque Objet d'Art (sticker)

Cirque Colors

Cirque Objet d'Art (postcards)

Cirque Colors – postcard images featuring shades of the collection

Cirque Objet d'Art (seal & business card)

Cirque Colors

Curiosity – (US $13.00) a fiery scarlet hue with gold, red, and fuchsia glass-flecked micro glitter in a hybrid crème-jelly formula, with some vivid cherry red undertones in the base. An amazing formula that applies in a self-levelling manner with no staining upon removal, the finish dries down somewhat satiny and becomes totally enhanced with a layer of top coat. Coats applied: 2, plus top coat

Cirque Curiosity swatch

Cirque – Curiosity

Cirque Curiosity swatch 2

Cirque – Curiosity

Book of Shadows – (US $13.00) I so totally love this name … a subtle yet sophisticated lavender tinged silver foil metallic shade, in an awesome semi-sheer formula that applies completely brush stroke-free, with an incredibly brilliant finish at the end. Good opacity at 2 coats, yet still manages to have a slight translucency which I love. Coats applied: 3, no top coat

Cirque Book of Shadows swatch

Cirque – Book of Shadows

Cirque Book of Shadows swatch 2

Cirque – Book of Shadows

Planet Caravan – (US $13.00) [again, the name ... love!] a colour saturated deep eggplant hue embedded with purple and amethyst micro-shimmer in an excellently flowing formula. A very chic sparkler, this shade ends in a satin finish and becomes even more mesmerizing with top coat. No staining upon removal. Coats applied: 2, plus top coat

Cirque Planet Caravan swatch

Cirque – Planet Caravan

Cirque Planet Caravan swatch 2

Cirque – Planet Caravan

Lapis – (US $13.00) a sheer grey-blue base filled with a complex variety of blue glitter along with some sparser pink glitter, in diverse sizes from crushed to mid-sized. There is a strong overall royal blue presence shown when worn alone, but this would also make an amazing layering polish. As with all glitters, you do need some effort for removal, but there’s no staining left behind. Coats applied: 3 (thin), plus top coat

Cirque Lapis swatch

Cirque – Lapis

Cirque Lapis swatch 2

Cirque – Lapis

Cape Liz – (US $13.00) This one makes my knees go weak … an ethereal greyed-out light blue semi sheer base, bearing ultra-fine shimmer in shades of blue, silver and pink, that applies like a crème, but looks more like a jelly. The medium density formula ends in a satin finish; adding top coat brings out its embedded crystallized shards – GORGEOUS! Coats applied: 3 (thin), plus top coat

Cirque Cape Liz swatch

Cirque – Cape Liz

Cirque Cape Liz swatch 2

Cirque – Cape Liz

Hellebore – (US $13.00) Springtime in a bottle! A diverse variety of pale green fine glitter interspersed with pink flecks for depth, in an excellently flowing formula – there is some serious wattage to its shine, even though it does finish satiny but fairly smooth to the touch (much like ‘Lapis’, although slightly more densely glitter packed). Coats applied: 3 (thin), plus top coat

Cirque Hellebore swatch

Cirque – Hellebore

Cirque Hellebore swatch 2

Cirque – Hellebore

XX – (US $13.00) Just take a moment to absorb this beauty … unbelievable … (applied over Cirque ‘Alter Ego’ – review coming soon). An almost indescribable prismatic/holographic shade filled with glitter of every conceivable shape, colour, and size — which supplies a sexy, futuristic, fun & sophisticated vibe all at once. I know, right?! Brilliant, dazzling and totally hypnotic. Will definitely require work for removal, but so very worth it. Coats applied: 1, plus top coat (definitely click to enlarge)

Cirque XX swatch

Cirque – XX

Cirque XX swatch 2

Cirque – XX

Lonesome George – (US $15.00) a rich emerald green hue with a strong linear holographic effect, in a beautifully flowing formula of medium density – neither too thick, nor thin with a perfect balance of blue and yellow hues in its base to suit basically all skin tones. Finishes satiny, but still quite vivid. Coats applied: 2, plus top coat

Cirque Lonesome George swatch

Cirque – Lonesome George

Cirque Lonesome George swatch 2

Cirque – Lonesome George

Cypress – (US $15.00) almost contradictory in nature, this light copper prismatic/holographic hue with its definitive pink undertones, bears a semi-sheer yet very easy flowing formula, that gives amazing opacity with just 2 coats. I did not expect its strong linear effect, nor the brilliant rose-gold tone, but I absolutely love it! Coats applied: 2, plus top coat

Cirque Cypress swatch

Cirque – Cypress

Cirque Cypress swatch 2

Cirque – Cypress

Galinda – (US $13.00) Why does this shade & name make me think of Oz’s good witch?! Applied over NARS ‘Storm Bird’ (previously reviewed here), is like wearing pulverized crystals or crushed snowflakes on your nails. Sounds cheesy, but so true! A clear base filled with matte white mid-sized hexagonal glitter, matte white & silver crushed micro-glitter, and prismatic/holographic micro glitter, in a formula that applies beautifully – smooth to the touch and with a glossy finish. Coats applied: 1, no top coat (for more detail, click to enlarge)

Cirque Galinda swatch

Cirque – Galinda

Cirque Galinda swatch 2

Cirque – Galinda

Au – (US $28.00) the chemical symbol for “gold”, this 23K gold leaf top coat is truly spectacular. A clear mild suspension base with an easy flow, there is an excellent dispersal and amount provided of the irregularly shaped gold flakes with every brush stroke, smooth-laying and leaving behind a nice gloss at the finish. The following swatches are over ‘Planet Caravan’ – I adore how totally regal this combination looks! Coats applied: 1, plus top coat

Cirque Au swatch

Cirque – Au

Cirque Au swatch 2

Cirque – Au

The bonus! My dear friend & fellow blogger Mara, recently posted an Instagram photo showing a unique “jelly sandwich” using 2 Cirque shades, that I just had to try as well. The sea glass-like translucency of this combination is absolutely breathtaking and a work of art on its own; I can’t begin to tell you how many people stopped me to ask about this look!

• ‘Cape Liz’ for both the base and top layers
  • ‘XX’ in the middle

Cirque Cape Liz & XX swatch

Cirque XX & Cape Liz sandwich

Cirque Cape Liz & XX swatch 2

Cirque XX & Cape Liz sandwich

Cirque Cape Liz, XX, & Galinda swatch

Cirque XX & Cape Liz sandwich with 1 coat of Galinda added (just because…)

Final thoughts: I am completely blown away, and I don’t impress easily. While it doesn’t hurt that each and every single one of these shades is a stand-alone beauty and absolutely unique – with all bearing totally amazing formulas, it’s also the obvious thought & care that has gone into this boutique brand that makes it stand apart from anything else in its class. Trying to pick favourites among them is difficult, but I would have to say ‘Cape Liz’, ‘Planet Caravan’, ‘Curiosity’ and ‘XX’ have a firm grip on my heart, while everything else is not that far behind either. No matter which shade you choose, you will not go wrong … believe me.

You can purchase Cirque Colors through their website, or contact info@cirquecolors.com for more info.

Cirque Objet d'Art (closer)

*Disclaimer: Product samples provide by the company/PR for my unbiased consideration

54 Responses to Cirque Colors: Objet d’Art Collection & a bonus!

1. Deborah says:

I reeeally need to add some Cirque to my collection this year! Love your swatches ♥.

2. Stunning! Every polish looks incredible on you :) I love Galinda over grey, what a unique look!

Awww…thanks, Amy! I really wanted Galinda’s white beauty to stand out, but didn’t want the contrast to be too stark, so I’m happy with this pairing too!

Uh, so I pretty much love every. single. shade.!!!!! Oh my goodness. I’ve been sort of bored with most of the new polish releases but you’ve brought me out of my slump my dear, and how! I’m going to pick up a few of these beauties ASAP!!!!

4. Jlynn says:

I’ve seen photos of this brand floating around IG, but hadn’t actually seen swatches until I clicked your blog link on IG… I love all of these shades! They definitely impressive and they look fabulous on you! Thanks for sharing!

<3jlynn@hellolacquer

5. Meghan says:

Every time I read your reviews I think, “Wow, this is the best review I’ve ever read on Ommorphia Beauty Bar!” Then you go and blow me away with your next review. Your treatment of subject is always so thoughtful and sensitive. And this collections is so amazing. I think I’ll need to place an order with Cirque in the new year, but the problem will be how to narrow it down. Every polish looks more spectacular than the one before. Sigh, first world problems! :)

Wow….Meghan, it’s comments like yours that make me feel so totally appreciated, so thank you for your thoughtful response. This is a truly spectacular collection, and I can understand your dilemma – always hard narrowing down excellence! First world problems, indeed…lol!!

6. Fedoraharp says:

This is a breathtaking collection! I’m especially excited about Lonesome George, because one of my polish buddies has been searching for a true green holo for ages. For some reason almost all green holos out there are either teal/turquoise or sage green- nothing like this.

Thank you for swatching!

You’re welcome and I’m happy to hear that you like this collection! Each & every shade is simply awesome and if it’s a green holo your friend’s looking for, then this one is simply perfect!

7. OBVIOUSLY I NEED CAPE LIZ. BECAUSE. *incoherent babbling*

They’re beautiful and I love the whole theme from the name Cirque to the bottles to the shades. I may also need Galinda as well. Ugh, so much beauty, I can’t take it.

Liz, on the cape, painting her nails with Cape Liz…..would be sooooooo cooool!! LOL! Seriously though, you should have seen the look on my face as I sat there staring at these shades….dumbfounded, would probably sum it up best!

8. Man these are gorgeous Big Sis! Every shade is a stunner!

9. I am sooooo glad you did a review for these! I’ve been lemming this brand for a few weeks now, but haven’t found too many swatches online and so have been a little wary of indulging, especially at that price-point. But now…

Thank you, Enabler Extraordinaire! =)

LOL! Happy to continue my enabling reputation!!! Seriously though, I just know you will so totally appreciate all the little extras that have gone into this line, beautiful shades notwithstanding! :)

10. Helen says:

You’re killing my wallet with these amazing swatches! I love the jelly sandwich combo.

11. Wow! What a collection!

12. i meant the holos are 15$ and not 13$…

13. Love the polish, love the swatches, and most of all love you. :)
    But the prices are wrong ;( …

14. Mara says:

Annie is such an inspiration! I love the sophisticated packaging and the beautiful colors!
    Thank you for the mention! I added YSL premiere neige to finish, subtle but beautiful!

15. These are stunning. I found Cirque from your website and bought a few that I love. Now you’ve convinced me to buy more!

16. Marisa says:

Oh my!!!! I actually want every single one!!! Cat wait to make a purchase. I plan to visi her in a few weeks.

17. Oh no. OH NO. Eugenia!!!! I’ve seen these before and I totally wanted them, and now of course after you swatch them I want them even MORE. They are so gorgeous, and some of them are so different from what I’ve seen before. And I love the Cirque aesthetic! Sleek, simple black designs…ah, me.

It’s what grabbed me right from the get-go too: the entire concept – name, packaging, products, attention to detail … all simply outstanding! Well, my friend, I see some Cirque in your future then!

18. shine eye says:

george is my favorite! love the jelly sandwich.

19. Katelyn says:

LOVE this entire collection. If I had the funds I would totally buy every single one. Also love the jelly sandwich! They go perfectly together. :)

20. Sandi says:

Galinda and Hellebore!! Those are the ones I need lol. Thanks for the amazing swatches!

21. beachgal says:

Love this collection – wide variety and not a dog in the bunch! Also I would wear all of these long beyond holiday – the light green I would even wear come spring into summer.

Duuuuuuude. Cape Liz and Galinda are frickin’ beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This entire collection is absolutely special. I haven’t tried Cirque yet!

23. These are gorgeous! I will definitely have to pick up a bottle or two. By the way, how great is their logo and packaging? So simple & clean!

24. Sasha says:

I’ve only got 2 Cirque polishes right now- Never Nude and Fascination Street- and I love them both! But I think I am going to need to expand my Cirque collection after seeing these swatches! They are beautiful!

25. This is such a gorgeous collection! I haven’t purchased any quite yet because of the price, but I really want Liz.

Considering the level of quality involved, I’d have to say that the price is so justified, but perhaps there might be a sale in the future – would make it even sweeter then! Cape Liz is so delicious!

26. Wow…I don’t own any Cirque polishes yet, but these are just outstanding! I adore the jelly sandwich you did at the end of the post! Beautiful swatches =)

27. ruthgbcn says:

Why oh why do you make we want to buy almost every single polish that you are swatching?? I don’t own any Cirque polishes yet so I’m definitely going to order some! Oh and regarding the removal of glitters, you should really try the Essence peel-off base coat, it’s the best invention ever!

Awww…thanks, Ruth and major LOL! These polishes are so worth ordering! As to the Essence peel-off base coat, I’ve been looking for it but no luck so far; however, I’ve tried the craft glue method (which by the way, is basically what the Essence is) using a small brush and have had excellent results!