CHANEL #50 Tweed Sienna – Blush Duo Tweed Effect

Chanel Tweed Sienna (opener)

When CHANEL released their Tweed Brun Rosé Blush with last year’s Holiday Collection, it never made it to Canadian counters. Sometimes, it’s very frustrating being a beauty blogger. It’s even more frustrating when said beauty blogger also happens to be a massive fan of CHANEL cosmetics – and has been for over 25 years (insert major grumbling/swearing here). Moving on …

Looking through the rest of CHANEL’s blushes, I did a double-take when I spotted ‘Tweed Sienna’ – how did I not already own this? And the best part? It’s not a limited edition shade. And the colour looked like it would suit me way more than Tweed Brun Rosé would have. Serendipity in action, I tell you!

Chanel Tweed Sienna (box)

CHANEL Tweed Sienna – iconic black & gold packaging

Chanel Tweed Sienna (label)

CHANEL Tweed Sienna – label

Chanel Tweed Sienna (velour sleeve)

CHANEL Tweed Sienna – velour sleeve

Chanel Tweed Sienna (compact)

CHANEL Tweed Sienna – black lacquered compact

Chanel Tweed Sienna (texture view)

CHANEL Tweed Sienne – a view of the textured surface

Chanel Tweed Sienna (macro)

CHANEL #50 Tweed Sienna Blush – (US $45.00 5.5g/0.19 oz) Inspired by CHANEL’s iconic tweed fabric, the range of Tweed Blush Duos weave a finely milled powder with delicate golden/iridescent threads, to give your cheeks colour kissed by a luminous glow. I was almost reluctant to destroy the stunning tweed effect of the gold overspray, but I prefer my blush without major sparkle. Thankfully, the gold was literally swept away with the first swipe of my blush brush, revealing the gorgeous creamy apricot/tan colour of the blush below.

The texture of this powder is incredibly fine and seems to almost meld into the skin seamlessly, easily blended or intensified if needed. On the darker end of the neutral spectrum, it has enough colour and warmth to avoid looking like a contouring product, depositing its beautiful colour in a very understated yet chic way. I experienced no powdery kickback when I applied my brush to it – something that could occur with a powder this finely milled. Lasting power was very impressive, going a full 9 hours before I noticed any fading (applied over foundation primed skin). Another interesting facet is how multi-dimensional the colour looks apllied, most likely because of the raised texture – love that!

This blush is incredibly versatile colour-wise and will suit most skin tones, with the possible exception of the very pale. Darker skin may find this to be somewhat subtle, but light to medium tones will benefit from its highly complimentary hue. As universally flattering as NARS’ ‘Orgasm’, but less orangey and without the intense shimmer, ‘Tweed Sienna’ is a shade that needs to be part of your beauty arsenal.

Chanel Tweed Sienna swatch (natural light)

CHANEL Tweed Sienna – swatch in natural light

Chanel Tweed Sienna swatch (sunlight)

CHANEL Tweed Sienna – swatch in sunlight

Chanel Tweed Sienna

CHANEL Tweed Sienna

Chanel Tweed Sienna (no overspray)

CHANEL Tweed Sienna – with overspray removed

Final thoughts: Once again, circumstances led me to a product I absolutely love (read about my CHANEL lipstick mix up/success story here) which has gotten me wondering lately about falling into the trap of buying all the hype thrown our way. With most of the higher end brands, I rarely second guess my purchases – long experience of their quality determines my buying habits – but now I feel that perhaps I should start paying more attention to the items available in their permanent lineup, as opposed to jumping headfirst into whatever seasonal collection’s being released. Or I could do both, right?

Chanel Tweed Sienna (closer)

16 Responses to CHANEL #50 Tweed Sienna – Blush Duo Tweed Effect

I love the way this looks on your skin, Eugenia! I’ve eyed these Tweed shades a few times but haven’t felt the urge to give in just yet. This may be TOO subtle for me but I completely believe you when you say it’s complimentary – it looks like the perfect go-to shade!

Thanks! Actually, as this is quite pigmented, you may just want to give it a peek next time you’re at a CHANEL counter; it may just be the perfect “natural” blush shade for you!

2. Wow what a stunning looking product! Absolutely love the color as well. I like how you described it in relation to NARS Orgasm, as I do love the base tone of that blush but the shimmer is just too much for me for everyday. In the swatches, it seems a bit siimilar to Sleek Suede blush, but a lighter and maybe more pink rather than rosy color

Glad I was able to help, Catherine! I don’t own any Sleek products, but I trust your call on this :) All I can say, is that this CHANEL blush is fabulous!

3. Pretty Big Sis! Love the bronze rose shade and I bet it looks amazing on you!

4. I love the gorgeousness of Chanel Tweed blushes and don’t blame you one bit. If collecting Chanels is your thing, by all means! It’s not like you gun for every LE release of every brand. Your devotion to Chanel is well known and appreciated by us who would like to vicariously ooh and ahh alongside via this blog. :D

I also own Tweed Pink, but don’t give it nearly as much love, mainly because the colour is much too cool for my skin tone and I find that it has a tendency to look a little unnatural on me. Still, I’m glad my appreciation for this brand can give others a little thrill too!

I did not know about “overspray” and certainly did not realize you could just remove sparkle from the top of a pan. I’ve passed up many an item because of that sparkle! Always thought that sparkle would be throughout the powder!

Happy New Year to you and your family, Eugenia! Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!

Glad I could point that out! The downside is that your wallet won’t be happy as this opens up even more options beauty-wise, lol!

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones as well, Linda! Great health & prosperity to you! xx

I never thought it would swatch matte! It’s kind of a rust color, but really lovely for the season! I kind of want a jacket like that, hahahaha.

It’s definitely more matte than I thought at first too, but there’s this very quiet-like understated glow to it – really, really gorgeous actually! And yes – a jacket that colour for the warmer months sounds fab!

7. Montreal-Barbara says:

tI’m curious – are you a professional photographer, by any chance? Your photographs are superb!

Oh my gosh….thanks so much for that, Barbara! No, I’m not even sure how to use all the features of my camera, to be honest! LOL! I’m just very detail-oriented! Makes me happy to hear you enjoy my photos!