OPI Euro Centrale Collection for Spring/Summer 2013 – part 1 “Hot & Spicy”

OPI Euro Centrale part 1 opener

I really enjoy travelling with OPI and look forward to seeing how they interpret the countries they feature, into polish. The 2013 Spring/Summer Collection takes us into the heart of central Europe, with all its diversity and lushly vibrant colour – perfectly captured into nail lacquer. I’ve decided to separate the 12 shades into two parts, beginning with part 1, or what I call the “Hot & Spicy” group, shown here.

The formula on every single one of these hues was absolutely amazing, flowing easily, self-levelling, drying relatively quickly, and leaving behind a gorgeous shine – with a few looking almost mirror-like. All swatches are with base & top coats.

OPI Euro Centrale part 1

OPI Euro Centrale SS 2013 the “Hot & Spicy” group!

OPI Euro Centrale part 1b

My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours!, My Vampire Is Buff, Suzi’s Hungary Again!

OPI Euro Centrale part 1A

Hands Off My Kielbasa!, Oy – Another Polish Joke!, A Woman’s Prague-ative

My Vampire Is Buff – an ultra creamy and warm leaning blush white hue, which gives decent coverage even at 2 coats. Never stark looking, I found this shade the easiest white to wear that I’ve ever come across –  pure LOVE! Coats applied 3 (thin)

OPI My Vampire Is Buff swatch

OPI – My Vampire Is Buff

OPI My Vampire Is Buff swatch 2

OPI – My Vampire Is Buff

Suzi’s Hungary Again! – a vivid rose/coral/pink hue in a hybrid crème-jelly formula, and with incredibly fine pearly shimmer throughout – although it’s very subtle on the nail. Beautiful high gloss at the finish. Coats applied: 2

OPI Suzi's Hungary Again! swatch

OPI – Suzi’s Hungary Again!

OPI Suzi's Hungary Again! swatch 2

OPI – Suzi’s Hungary Again!

Hands Off My Kielbasa! – a dusty/antique nude-rose hue with finely ground gold, silver & pink shimmer in the base, as well as brush stroke-free in application. I’m not sure how I feel about this shade; on the one hand, it can come across as somewhat dated, but it’s also strangely appealing – it looks very much like NARS’ cult Orgasm blush. Coats applied: 2

OPI Hands Off My Kielbasa! swatch

OPI – Hands Off My Kielbasa!

OPI Hands Off My Kielbasa! swatch 2

OPI – Hands Off My Kielbasa!

My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours! – a searingly hot coral red crème hue that applies with all the qualities of a jelly: squishy-looking and ultra glossy. Very colour saturated, this can almost be a 1-coater but don’t skip base coat, to avoid any mild staining. Coats applied: 2

OPI My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours! swatch

OPI – My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours!

OPI My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours! swatch 2

OPI – My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours!

Oy – Another Polish Joke! – (oy – the name…) a clear base filled with pale yellow gold and some scattered pink finely ground shimmer. There’s almost an oxidized look to this finish, sporting a brilliant canary gold veneer with some slight greenish flashes, although the formula itself is on the sheer side – also excellent as a layering polish. Bonus: easy removal. Coats applied: 3

OPI Oy - Another Polish Joke! swatch

OPI – Oy – Another Polish Joke!

OPI Oy - Another Polish Joke! swatch 2

OPI – Oy – Another Polish Joke!

A Woman’s Prague-ative – a semi-sheer pink/orange base filled with gold, bronze, and copper ultra-fine shimmer that gives an overall honey/amber look and bearing a subtle duo chrome effect – definitely more visible in the bottle than on the nail. A complex shade that will also translate well for fall, you can also layer this beauty over a complimentary base colour for even more depth. Bonus: easy removal. Coats applied: 2

OPI A Woman's Prague-ative swatch

OPI – A Woman’s Prague-ative

OPI A Woman's Prague-ative swatch 2

OPI – A Woman’s Prague-ative

Final thoughts: I cannot stress enough how impressed I was with the formula on every single one of these shades; flowing like silk across the nail for an effortless application. ‘My Vampire Is Buff’ took me completely by surprise with its lush & simple beauty and if I’d have to pick a favourite here, that one would be it. ‘Hands Off My Kielbasa!’ is an odd duck and will definitely appeal to the nudie-lovers out there, while ‘My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours!’ will make an epic pedi shade come the summer. All in all, this first group gets a thumbs up from me – stay tuned for part 2, where the shades take on a darker vibe.

The OPI Euro Centrale Collection will be available early February. Feel free to follow the brand on facebook/twitter for all updates.

OPI Euro Centrale part 1 closer

68 Responses to OPI Euro Centrale Collection for Spring/Summer 2013 – part 1 “Hot & Spicy”

1. LA says:

I’m wondering how A Woman’s Prague-ative looks compared to China Glaze Riveting? I’ve tried to find swatch comparisons, but haven’t found any yet. I have a limited budget for nail polish, and I don’t want to get anything that’s too close to what I already have…but AWP looks sooo pretty…

I just pulled out both bottles to compare and they are completely different from each other; Riveting is more orange based with golden glass-flecked shimmer while the OPI is more bronze-leaning with amber & gold shimmer running throughout … well worth having both!

2. Jessica says:

<3 your swatches! I will be picking up My vampire is buff and Suzy's hungary again!

3. Buff and Paprika look amazing! You know, usually I’m all about the blues, but something has changed this year and I’m drawn to more warmer tones as of late. :)

Could be you’re hankering for the warmer weather these shades remind you of, lol! My Vampire is Buff — I so did NOT expect! It’s awesome and so complimentary!

4. Jess Lee says:

Fabulous swatches! I think I can do without all except “Hands Off My Kielbasa!” Absolutely gorgeous.

5. Fantastic reviews! I would NEVER guess this, but as soon as I saw My Vampire is Buff, I IMMEDIATELY added it to my wish list. It kind of reminds me of My Boyfriend Scales Walls, which is a very wearable white, but I like how this one leans blush. It’s gorgeous!!

6. olivia says:

OOH I bet if you did some nail art with all these polishes it would look like the spices for Kim Chi! LOL Not Korean but just a fan of that condiment!

7. Deborah says:

My Vampire Is Buff, My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours! & A Woman’s Prague-ative look soooo good! Thanks for the great swatches :).

8. The shimmers in Oy – Another Polish Joke! and A Woman’s Prague-ative looks great!

9. sobsessed says:

LOL, LOVE the name Suzy’s Hungary Again teeheehee… And that polish… I need! :) Gorgeous. :)

10. Kara says:

I like all of these, particularly the first three. I’ve been looking for a nice off-white-looking polish for a while.
    Thanks for the gorgeous swatches.

Have you felt me stalking your page to see these on you? (wow, that sounds uber creepy ;) ) This collection is due to arrive to me sometime in the next week and I CANNOT WAIT! First. the colors are gorgeous and so Springy. Second, I’m married to a Pole, so how could I not appreciate all the Polish references (even the silly, Oy Another Polish Joke). “Hands Off My Kielbasa” makes me giggle every time. Yes, I am basically a 5 yr old. I love this “Hot & Spicy” half on you and look forward to see the blue dominated half!! <3

So that was you? LOL!!! When I originally received this collection at the end of November, I couldn’t wait to show everyone (although I wasn’t allowed to at the time), cause I just knew that these shades would knock everyone’s socks off! And yeah….you will definitely do these babies justice, my friend!

12. Stella says:

I think I end up buing Suzi’s Hungary Again! although it seems similar to strawberry margarita

13. Rachael says:

Omg this collection is gorgeous! I was squealing at all your swatches!! I do have one question though, How does Hands Off My Kielbasa! compare to A Butterfly Moment from the Mariah Carey collection? They look quite similar in swatches and I already have A Butterfly Moment but your swatch is tempting me to get Hands Off My Kielbasa too!!

Thanks so much, Rachael! I didn’t swatch the 2 shades on the nail, but from the bottles I can tell you that A Butterfly Moment is more of a champagne nude and has none of the pinky tones of Hands Off My Kielbasa — although they both have the same type of shimmer. Hope that helps!

Huh. I actually adore the way ‘My Vampire is Buff’ looks!! It would be horrid on me, but on you – wow, Eugenia! I can see why it would be a favorite, as it’s really, really stunning on you. The rest, I’m not wowed by, but sometimes I need to just see them in person to be sure!

You definitely need to see these in person, Toya – cause I’m pretty certain that My Vampire Is Buff will actually look amazing on you! I don’t have the type of fairness that can pull off whites easily, but this one has enough tint in it, that it doesn’t clash with my skin at all!

15. Montreal-Barbara says:

Your swatches are fabulous, as always! I have my eye on several of these shades, especially Suzi’s Hungary Again (I just love pink for spring – it’s so romantic and feminine). I wonder how it compares to Chanel’s Fracas – from what I’ve seen so far, they’re both warm, medium-toned hot pinks.

Thanks, Barbara! You have a keen eye; the 2 are actually quite close, even the shimmer is of a similar nature. Where they differ, is that the CHANEL is more pink leaning and a touch more vivid, with the shimmer bearing more pink in it rather than the pearly type of the OPI, the latter which also veers more towards coral-pink territory. I didn’t swatch them on the nail to be 100% sure, but that’s how they 2 appear in the bottle to me.

• Montreal-Barbara says:

Thanks so much for your reply! I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to buy Fracas or Suzi’s Hungary Again, since I don’t need two hot-pink shades (then again I don’t ‘need’ more than one or two dark, vampy colours, and yet I own about a dozen of them!). Based on your swatches and reviews, I’m going with the Chanel. (Although I will probably end up buying the OPI as well – such is the nature of a nail polsih addiction!

LOL! I couldn’t agree more! :)

16. jlynntc says:

omg i acutally love all of them, but my FAVORITE is hands off my kielbasa!!! :)

17. Love the warmth of these shades! Very nice grouping. I find myself strangely drawn to the off-white shade, and the Kielbasa shade, actually! You’re right – it could look dated, but also strangely fascinating…!

Oohh, I’m surprised! I love a surprise! I thought I was going to love A Woman’s Prague-ative, but I ACTULLY love Oy–Another Polish Joke. Of course, it’s gold, so perhaps not too surprsing. But I don’t think I have a gold like it! Very exciting.

Somehow, I knew the gold shade would catch your eye, Julia! It’s actually a surprisingly amazing collection!

• Julia says:

I have seen a few (very few) swatches of this collection elsewhere, but I took no notice of OAPJ (too much to type out that name more than once!), or it wasn’t swatched, or something, because my love for golds is well-known. Actually I thought/hoped A Woman’s Prague-ative would be more gold, which is why it was the one I had my eye on. I like the color it actually is but I don’t have a good track record of actually wearing those sorts of orange-y shades so I think I might have to leave it. This collection is definitely looking up; when I saw early bottle shots/nails wheels/swatches I thought it looked like a semi-dud but my mind is changed, especially since I think part 2 will have the more “me” colors.

As I mention in part 2 (live on the blog now!), this is a collection that has flown under the radar for most people – and well worth taking a look at, cause apart from the stunning colours, the formulas on all are amazing!

19. Sandi says:

I love My Vampire is Buff!! Been looking for an offwhite creme, that seems to be one! Thanks for the swatches!

20. I was waiting for your beautiful swatches!

21. Neelie says:

Awesome swatches! I’m having a hard time deciding what I want >< I'm wondering how A Woman’s Prague-ative compares to China Glaze Harvest Moon.

Thanks, Neelie! Harvest Moon, while very close to A Woman’s Prague-ative, looks a touch more coppery and seems to have a more densely packed shimmer. I didn’t swatch the two on the nail to fully compare, but I think the OPI’s shimmer will appear more scattered and orange tinged next to it as well.

22. shine eye says:

def only prague for me, from this part of the collection. but when it comes to blues, it will be hard to resist! great swatches.

23. Nancy Dines says:

I really love this collection and your swatches are so well done!

I can’t wait to see part 2 – (those blues!).

I have such a hard time choosing which colours I want, so in that case, I pre-ordered all 12.

What can I say? I’m hopeless and completely addicted to buying entire collections. Mainly because if I leave a few out, I’ll be filled with regret, and start to obsess over the colours I left behind!

Am I the only one who has this problem?

Thanks Eugenia for presenting such beautiful photos! Your blog makes me SO happy!

Thanks and LOL, Nancy! In answer to your question, you are most definitely NOT alone in wanting/needing to buy entire collections – that’s the very definition of a nail polish addict :)

I have the same issue, but mainly with CHANEL – and that quickly becomes a very pricey addiction, let me tell you! Still, something about breaking up a set that doesn’t sit well with me either, so I hear what you’re saying!

24. Sarah says:

I love A Woman’s Prague-ative and Oy- Another Polish Joke, but I seriously cannot abide the latter’s name. I am 100% in favour of bad puns but I felt that was in slightly poor taste.

Great (as always) photos!

Sometimes, I wonder what goes through OPI’s creative team’s collective minds as they come up with these names; it’s bad enough that they can be a sentence long! I don’t get it either…

25. wow very nice collections !

26. Joanna says:

They all look amazing!

27. Jess says:

I know it’s not the most original colour, but I’m really feeling Suzi’s Hungary Again! I’m such a boring nail polish addict; I love wearing pink and red polishes!

My Vampire is Buff looks fantastic with your skin tone!

LOL! You’re not boring at all, Jess – the 2 colours you love will always be classics and let’s face it; there’s nothing sexier than red polish on one’s nails!

28. oh my gosh these all look amazing! i also saw your instagram pictures. all i can say is..can’t wait until i can get a hold of them! :) thanks for the swatches