bondi New York – Teal Magnolia

Bondi Teal Magnolia opener

Breaking into the incredibly vast world of retail nail polish is never easy, and yet that’s exactly what bondi New York founder Richard Annington aims to do with his newly launched range of lacquers. Some quick information about bondi New York:

• 5 free – formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, camphor, DBP & toluene
  • 20 fashion forward colours which will launch twice a year, as well as 4 limited edition collections
  • available via select online retail partners, as well as on the www.bondinewyork.com
  • 100% of the net profit (after costs) is donated to their non-profit which makes grants to organizations like Food Bank for New York City

Bondi Teal Magnolia

Teal Magnolia ($15.00 15 ml/0.5 fl. oz) – a vibrant aqua/teal crème hue with a perfect balance of blue & green tones in the base, all in a medium density & easy flowing formula. Self levelling and ending with a glossy shine at the finish, application was effortless using its dense & slightly rounded brush, which I found to be very workable. The bottle shape and rubberized cap is very similar to that of NARS – on the wide side, although I don’t mind this at all. Bonus: no staining issues. Coats applied: 2, plus top coat

Bondi Teal Magnolia swatch

bondi New York – Teal Magnolia

Bondi Teal Magnolia swatch 2

bondi New York – Teal Magnolia

Bondi Teal Magnolia swatch 3

bondi New York – Teal Magnolia

Final thoughts: Being a “colour purist” at heart as well as having a strong fixation with aquatic-themed hues, I am completely impressed with my first foray into this brand with Teal Magnolia. Interestingly enough, this is one of the few green-leaning shades I’ve worn, that did not cause my skin to look ruddy (aka: lobster hands), and I can only imagine it’s because of the strong blue undertones. I can totally see this shade becoming a summertime pedi fave, and look forward to seeing what else bondi New York has in store!

Note that Harlow & Co. is now carrying the full bondi range.

Feel free to follow bondi New York via twitter/facebook for all their latest updates

Bondi Teal Magnolia closer

*Disclosure: Product sample provided by the company/PR for my unbiased consideration

26 Responses to bondi New York – Teal Magnolia

Woo! Fab shade, Eugenia! I am getting better at taking a chance on aquas, after discovering last year I can wear them more than I thought. Love the vividness of this hue!

I guess it’s a matter of knowing your skin tone and then hunting down the version of this shade that suites you best! I can totally see this one working beautifully on you! :)

2. More the merrier! Welcome, Bondi! :D

This is a great shade and kind of wakes me up just to stare at it right now. (I’ve downed a glass of wine and will be staying up for a while to write a paper…hopefully, lol.) Jokes aside, really liking this shade and can’t think of an equivalent really.

Hope that glass of wine gave you some big-time inspiration for that paper, lol! I haven’t combed through my stash yet for any comparison shades, but I’m really loving the tone of this one as is!

3. aeronluna says:

I love this shade. It’s stunning

4. What an amazing color! Love it!

5. bounddreamer says:

Eugenia, what a gorgeous teal! As someone who must have “ALL the teals!” and blues, how close would you say this is to A-England Galahad?

I love the idea that the profit goes to charitable causes, that definitely makes me curious to at least try their lacquer.

Teal Magnolia actually comes across as green beside Galahad, and and while you’d think they were in a similar colour family, they’re quite different from each other. Hope that helps!

6. Deborah says:

So bright and pretty!

7. susan says:

What kind of top coat do you use? I love how shiny your nails always look!

8. Susan says:

What kind of topcoat do you usually use? I love how shiny your nails always look!

I really like this! The simplicity of the bottle is sexy, too.

10. Polished says:

Interesting! Could you post a picture of the brush? I love YSL polish brushes, is this one similiar?

I wouldn’t say that it looks like the YSL brush; it’s more along the lines of a regular brush, but slightly denser-packed bristles. I’ll try to post a photo on my twitter/Instagram/facebook feed

11. Marisa says:

What a gorgeous shade!! They have really great colors!

12. That colour is just gorgeous! Lovely pictures as always.