Butter London – Pitter Patter (Limited Edition)

BL Pitter Patter opener

Purple, with its long and historic association as the colour of royalty, takes on an entirely new vibrance in the creative hands of Butter London. With many other purple hued lacquers in their large lineup, and in anticipation of Will & Kate’s upcoming bundle of joy, this cult-fave brand has managed to “give birth” (yes, I am totally going there…) to a shade that is at once intense, fun, oh-so-regal, and absolutely perfect for today’s über stylish royal baby. Now if said baby turns out to be a boy, I’m sure mommy won’t mind wearing this beauty until a girl comes along!

BL Pitter Patter promo 2

Butter London – Pitter Patter (promotional image)

BL Pitter Patter

Butter London – Pitter Patter

BL Pitter Patter cap

Butter London – Pitter Patter (inner cap)

BL Pitter Patter 2

Pitter Patter (US $15.00 4 fl. oz/CAD $17.00 11 ml) – a deep and vivid purple hue filled with red and purple finely ground shimmer, in a formula that flows like a dream and bears a perfect density – neither too thick, nor too thin. With an excellent dry time and finishing in a natural high gloss shine, there is also the added bonus of this being a completely non-staining lacquer. Coats applied: 2, plus top coat

BL Pitter Patter swatch

Butter London – Pitter Patter

BL Pitter Patter swatch 2

Butter London – Pitter Patter

BL Pitter Patter swatch 3

Butter London – Pitter Patter

BL Pitter Patter swatch 4

Butter London – Pitter Patter

BL Pitter Patter trio

Butter London – Pitter Patter, No More Waity, Kaity (reviewed here) & Lillibet’s Jubilee (reviewed here)

BL Pitter Patter trio 2

Butter London – Pitter Patter: The Royals

Last word: Following in the popular footsteps of it’s “familial” predecessors ‘No More Waity, Kaitie’ (part of the permanent collection), a shade created for Kate Middleton’s engagement to Prince William, and ‘Lillibet’s Jubilee’ (a limited edition hue & no longer available), the shade created in honour of Queen Elizabeth’s coronation, ‘Pitter Patter’ stands poised to eclipse them all, as much for the story behind the polish, as the shade itself; rich, luxurious, spot-on trendy and a colour that is universally flattering. I couldn’t think of an easier of becoming a part of the royal family!

Find out more about Butter London products via their website, twitter or facebook

BL Pitter Patter closer

*Disclosure: Product samples provided by company/PR for my unbiased consideration

22 Responses to Butter London – Pitter Patter (Limited Edition)

1. Doodles says:

first thought: this looks like BL HRH;
    2nd thought: (on macro shots) this looks like taboo
    final: mix of both :))) how funny! I should mix the two above and see what happens!

I don’t own HRH by Butter London, but I have seen it in person and on online swatches, and I think your idea of Pitter Patter looking like a cross between HRH and CHANEL’s Taboo, is actually quite correct! Would be interesting to see what you’d get if you did combine the 2!

2. That kind of purple is a KILLER.

Is No More Waity, Kaity something that would layer well with this one? The bottles side by side are really pretty, either way.

Here’s the thing; I actually did create a mani with Pitter Patter as the base and No More Waity, Kaity as accent touches, but while it looked ok in person, it didn’t translate well in pictures, so I left it out of my review. I believe you could always layer the two together for a completely new shade … would actually look pretty cool!

3. Most definitely a gorgeous shade Eugenia! It looks SUPER similar to Illamasqua’s Baptiste, which I love, so I wouldn’t pick it up, but nonetheless – these kinds of shades are always wonderful because they work for pretty much any season and any occasion! :)

I don’t have Baptiste, but I did see some swatches somewhere online comparing Pitter Patter to that, and they do seem quite similar but not dupes. I agree about this type of shade – it’s universal!

4. shine eye says:

wow, it’s gorgeous!

5. theoxfordowl says:

This is such a gorgeous colour – I’m such a sucker for a shimmery purple! So glad Butter London’s coming to Boots now :)

6. Jennifer A. says:

Eugenia, do you know how this compares to Nars Purple Rain/China Glaze Let’s Groove (which are dupes)? They look very similar to me!

Unfortunately, I’m away on holiday at the moment and I don’t have access to my full stash, but if memory serves me right, ‘Purple Rain’ is much deeper and more of an eggplant hue than purple. As to the China Glaze you mentioned, I’m afraid I don’t own that one so I couldn’t say – sorry!

Was going to ask about ‘Taboo’, too, lol! This BL Pitter Patter is really beautiful! Definitely goes on the wish list!

8. Jess says:

I love deep shimmery purples like this…so pretty!

9. justricarda says:

The swatches are GORGEOUS! I visited Butter London’s website and it turns out that they are selling the Lillibet’s Jubilee there (it is now available). At the moment, Pitter Patter seems to be available only as a trio purchase there. For some reason Butter London’s website is not showing it as available (or in-stock) for individual purchases of Pitter Patter.

For some reason, I couldn’t spot Lillibet’s Jubilee on the US website, but on the Canadian site both Pitter Patter and Lillibet’s Jubilee are available for individual purchase. Perhaps the US site will list it solo soon as well!

10. adina a-england says:

Love Butter London and their concept! These 3 shades together look so yummy!

Hahahaha! Somehow, I am not surprised that the Anglophile in you, Adina, would respond to these shades! They do look good all together as a family, I agree!

11. Katelyn says:

How would you say this compares to Chanel Taboo? It seems similar. :)

I originally thought so as well, but they couldn’t be more different. ‘Pitter Patter’ is most definitely purple and while its shimmer bears red in it, the overall polish does not have the multi-tonal look of CHANEL’s ‘Taboo’ (my post will be up very soon on this beauty), which is several degrees darker in base tone in any case.