Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel – Autumn Spice & Italian Leather

*Congratulations to Kim, winner of the Schwarzkopf BC Fibre Force Hairtherapy giveaway (now closed)

Revlong Parfumerie opener new

There’s a retro glamour to be had with this new range of lacquers from Revlon, Parfumerie™ Scented Nail Enamel, that makes them so display-worthy. Starting with the rectangular jewel-like bevelled glass bottles to the rounded cap, the two shades (as well as scents) that drew me, were Autumn Spice and Italian Leather.

You should note that in order to fully appreciate each shade’s scent, you need to apply it and let it dry down – simply opening the bottle and taking a whiff will definitely not help. Even through the addition of top coat, the fragrance was still able to come through. Lasting power of each scent will vary, but of the two here, Autumn Spice is definitely stronger-scented and held on longer, going easily a full 4 days before it began to fade.

A quick word about the wand & brush – while a shorter length overall than conventional polish wands, I experience no difficulty at all in application. The brush has a good flexibility too, without being either too densely or sparsely bristled and I initially believed that the little knob cap would be tricky to grasp, it turns out to be a convenient size after all.

Revlon Parfumerie duo

Revlon Parfumerie™  Scented Nail Enamel – Italian Leather & Autumn Spice

Revlon Parfumerie duo 2

Revlon Parfumerie™  Scented Nail Enamel – Italian Leather & Autumn Spice

Revlon Autumn Spice

#100 Autumn Spice (CAN $8.99) – A dark brown/russet base hue that’s loaded with bronze, copper & pink irregularly shaped micro glitter pieces. There’s a definitive multi-tonal effect going on here and there even seems to be a duo chrome look at certain angles, with the occasional flash of oxidized colour – so much to see from this one shade! Bearing an excellent flow and colour saturation, as well as a self-levelling glossy finish, there’s the added bonus of a non-staining removal. The overall effect of the shimmer, is as though it’s coming up from the depth of the colour and simmering just at the surface level – exquisite! Coats applied: 2, plus top coat

Fragrance: if Autumn were a scent, THIS would be it – cinnamon, clove, and amber-like tones seems to dominate, with slight hints of incense and smoke to round it out.

Revlon Autumn Spice swatch

Revlon Parfumerie™ – Autumn Spice

Revlon Autumn Spice swatch 2

Revlon Parfumerie™ – Autumn Spice

Revlon Autumn Spice swatch 3

Revlon Parfumerie™ – Autumn Spice

Revlon Italian Leather

#130 Italian Leather (CAN $8.99) – A sage/lichen green base hue filled with a gold, bronze & copper finely ground shimmer. The formula was a touch thinner than that of Autumn Spice, but still easy to apply and with an excellent opacity. Self-levelling and quite glossy at the finish, the shimmer really comes alive when seen in direct light, giving a unique glow to the centre of the nails – but which otherwise stays in the background, serving to add a touch of overall depth to this shade. Non-staining upon removal, coats applied: 2, plus top coat

Fragrance: So hard to pin down, but there’s an airy, almost woodsy tone that I pick up – without it coming off as either too floral, green, or herbal. After it has developed for a bit, I did manage to get some leathery hints, even pulling out my favourite Gucci purse to compare – yup, definitely some luxe italian leather going on here.

Revlon italian Leather swatch

Revlon Parfumerie™ – Italian Leather

Revlon Italian Leather swatch 2

Revlon Parfumerie™ – Italian Leather

Revlon Italian Leather swatch 3

Revlon Parfumerie™ – Italian Leather

From my understanding, this range is to be part of the permanent lineup of Revlon products – good news if you haven’t come across them yet, or have come across an almost empty display. There are apparently 16 shades in all and I believe they are divided into separate scent categories, although to be honest, I didn’t stop to properly note them – I was too busy trying to make my selection. Overall, I am very impressed with the formula & finish of the 2 I did choose, and these particular scents are so totally me. Now I’m kicking myself for not having picked up a few more … I’m guessing another shopping trip is in my near future …

I found these Revlon Parfumerie shades at Jean Coutu (Québec).

Revlon Parfumerie closer

20 Responses to Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel – Autumn Spice & Italian Leather

1. Dkla_diann says:

How does Italian Leather compare to Essie Cashmere Bouquet?

I don’t know of any Essie shade named Cashmere Bouquet – perhaps you mean Cashmere Bathrobe? If so, then the 2 are nothing alike; the Essie is grey with silver flecks, while the Revlon is olive toned with a coppery shimmer.

2. Deborah says:

I reeeeally need these ♥ so gorgeous!

Eugenia, I am back after a long absence–I hope I am not totally forgotten! I have been away from nail polish for nearly 6 months–last I commented I was preparing to move to NYC and wondering what I would do with my collection. I moved shortly after that (left my collection behind!), spent the summer in a teacher preparation bootcamp, and began teaching high school. Basically I have become terribly busy! My shameful confession is that I have not polished my nails since late June…I have so so so much work and now that I am out of the habit of doing my nails, I am finding it difficult to begin again.

I have still purchased a few polishes over the months, including these two. I started reading blogs again recently and saw the adorable bottles and felt that I had to add them to my collection (I still have all my polishes, I just don’t have them with me). I love the colors and the idea of these polishes and I saw a few others that looked lovely too. Of course, now that I have to pay for a NYC apartment I can’t afford to buy polish like I used to, so I limited myself to these as they seemed most special to me.

First of all, Welcome back Julia – I did wonder where you had disappeared to! Congrats on the teaching position – a very noble profession, indeed! As to having neglected your nails, I think your priorities were in the right place – a mani/pedi can always be squeezed in after all the important stuff is done! Since there have been so many changes in your life lately, I think you’re being quite wise in strategizing your polish purchases – after all, there will always be something new coming on to the scene, so just go with what really appeals to you while staying within sight of your budget!

4. Babsi says:

wow, Autumn Spice ist soooo great. i love your nails, looks so perfect! xoxo Babsi

5. Nathalie Roy says:

Eugenia, you’re from Quebec? Just realized this! Me too. Love your blog, one of the best !

6. Vee says:

I hope these are released in the UK, I’m going to obsessively hunt them down. I’ve googled the collection and there are some beautiful colours :)

I used to be confused about scented polish, but I realized that Cirque polish is scented and it’s quite amazing :D So now I’m curious – and these colors look fab. AND THE BOTTLES ARE SQUARE. LOL.

OMG — I so totally thought of you and your square bottle fetish (LOL) as soon as I spotted these!!! I’m not sure about all the scents and anything flowery/powdery is a real turn off for me, but THESE TWO. Ugh. Amazing.

And yes, Annie does scent her lacquers – pretty neat, huh?!

8. Kyllie says:

Madre mía, me encanta Autumn Spice, es un tono precioso!!

9. Jessica says:

I’ve been wearing Italian Leather since Sunday afternoon and I can tell you that the wear is GREAT! And I can still catch a hint of the scent. This and Autumn Spice were the only two that appealed to me and I’m excited to try AS. Lovely swatches and a great description, as always!

10. tessgalen says: