Beauty Award win for ommorphia beauty bar

Apple-Has-a-Champagne-Colored-iPhone-5S-Prepared-for-Unveiling-Report-Says

This past November, I entered my blog in a competition sponsored by ‘made in blog‘ to be recognized as one of Canada’s best. In fact, I only realized on November 14th that this particular contest was going on — literally 4 days before registration closed! Making it just under the wire, I didn’t think I stood a chance, especially since most of the other entrants (over 172 in all) had registered weeks before I did.

Once the registration closed, the voting began; round one was open to the public and the top ten blogs with the highest number of votes, would then go on to the next round. To my delighted surprise, mine was voted in as one of the top 10! WHAT?!

The next round was up to a panel of judges, who then narrowed the field down to the top 3 blogs in each category. Drumroll, please…..

ommorphia beauty bar came in 3rd place for Best Beauty Blog in Canada!

To say I was stunned, would be THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR. I’m still sporting a huge smile on my face! I consider this a huge honour and I’m so proud that all my hard work has not gone unnoticed. Thank you to every single one of you fabulous readers, that took the time to place your votes (insert giant panda hugs to you all, here!). A special thank you also goes out to a very special person: Adina Bodana (of a-england lacquers) for her immense support & for encouraging her followers to vote for me – sending you all my love, cara!

Screen shot 2013-12-10 at 11.59.11 AM

the “vote for me” badge I first posted

Screen shot 2013-12-10 at 11.59.31 AM

the badge showing my blog’s top 10 ranking

Screen shot 2013-12-10 at 11.59.41 AM

the winning badge: 3rd Best Canadian Beauty Blog

MIB Best in Beauty winners

the judges’ verdict, as posted on the contest page

To have come in as one of the Top 3 Best Beauty Blogs in Canada amongst such incredible competition, is truly humbling. I congratulate my fellow winners in this category and look forward to doing even better next year … you just know I’m gonna bring it, lol!

Made in Blog acts as a mediator between brands and agencies in the introduction of efficient relationships with bloggers, connecting bloggers and brands throughout Canada.

22 Responses to Beauty Award win for ommorphia beauty bar

1. Deborah says:

Congratulations you beautiful!

2. Chantal says:

Congratulations!!! :D

3. claud says:

Great news! It is well-deserved. You have a real talent with words : your descriptions are always spot-on. I hope you indulged yourself for the occasion.
    I don’t comment often enough, but you’ve been on my “morning coffee reading list” for quite some time now…

Wow – thank you so much for the kind words, Claud…you just made my morning! I truly appreciate the support! I think I’ll be celebrating all year, much more fun that way!

4. Anna says:

Gratz! Let’s get you first place next year shall we?

5. Super-congrats, my dear! You earned it!! :D xo

6. alphapaige says:

Congratulations Eugenia! So happy for you! Christmas comes early! XD

Congratulations, Eugenia! Such a fantastic win! :D

8. Congratulations, Eugenia! xoxo

9. Fantastic news! Well done Eugenia, you really, truly deserve this and the majority of us are more than aware of the hard work you put in to this blog and are very grateful that you do. I hope you are doing some hard core celebrating – if not, why not! :D xx

Hahahaha! Thanks, Esther! I’ll be celebrating after tomorrow – when my daughter finishes her last exams, cause we’re banned from doing anything that might distract her! :)

10. Eugenie says:

Congratulations! You so deserve it!

11. Tom says:

Bravo! All your hard work recognized. Keep it going.