Dior – Manucure Transat (LE) Yacht, Sailor & Captain, Summer 2014

Dior Transat polishes opener

For Spring 2014, Dior has taken to the high seas, drawing inspiration from the brand’s archived first Resort and Spring lines of 1948. With its nautically-inclined palette of blue, red and beige, the 3 Limited Edition Manucure Duo sets from the Transat Collection each also come with their own mini nail file and striped nail stickers (clear background to let the base hue show beneath) printed with the CD logo. Unforgettable, primary, and at the height of chic, these 3 shades are timeless and trendy at the same time, with formulas that completely deliver.

NOTE: None of the following swatches are shown with the accompanying stickers, but I recommend that you ensure your base hue is 100% dry before applying them, in order to achieve optimum results.

Dior Transat polishes

Dior – Manucure Transat Summer 2014

Dior Transat polishes 2

Dior – Manucure Transat Summer 2014

Dior Transat polish with stickers

Dior – Manucure Transat Nail Polish & Couture Stickers Duo, Summer 2014

#210 Yacht
 (CAN $31.00) – Café au lait crème hue with the tiniest silver shimmer – which I didn’t even realize was there until I saw the photos, but that serves to add an overall nice depth of tone. The formula is sublime and possibly one of the best nude shades ever: excellent flow & opacity/coverage, totally self-levelling and ending in a high gloss shine. Coats applied: 2, plus Dior’s Gel Top Coat

Dior Yacht swatch

Dior – #210 Yacht

Dior Yacht swatch 2

Dior – #210 yacht

#700 Sailor
 (CAN $31.00) – Beyond blue: this is über blue. An electric indigo blue with a jelly-like formula and filled with ultra-fine silver shimmer. I can’t extoll the virtues of this shade enough: great opacity even by the 1st coat, completely self-levelling, ridiculously glossy and non-staining upon removal. Drop. Dead. Gorgeous.  Coats applied: 2, no top coat

Dior Sailor swatch

Dior – #700 Sailor

Dior Sailor swatch 2

Dior – #700 Sailor

#750 Captain
(CAN $31.00) – A luscious scarlet/chilli pepper red hue with that same almost imperceptible silvery shimmer as that in #210 Yacht, in a crème-jelly hybrid formula that at first glance appears to have slight orange undertones, but which rounds it out nicely. A superb application – from the flow, coverage and high gloss finish, with the added bonus of being non-staining upon removal. Coats applied: 2, plus Dior’s Gel Top Coat

Dior Captain swatch 2

Dior – #750 Captain

Dior Captain swatch

Dior – #750 Captain

If asked before swatching, I would have said that #700 Sailor was my pick of the three but after wearing each, I absolutely refuse to pick just one. #710 Yacht may very well be the best nude shade I’ve worn to date, as it leans neither too pink, grey, or yellow, making it the ideal candidate for my skin tone. #750 Captain is a brilliant red that falls somewhere between light & dark, and I can totally see it as the perfect Summer pedi shade while #700 Sailor is the eye-catcher of the trio, but what renders it totally sublime in my book, is its non-staining appeal (already planning a backup of this one).

Available now exclusively at Holt Renfrew (Canada) and Saks (US), the Transatlantique Collection will be coming to Dior counters everywhere else as of May 1 (note that Dior.com does not ship to Canada). For more information on the brand:

Dior Transat polishes closer

*Disclosure: product samples provided by the company/PR for my unbiased consideration

16 Responses to Dior – Manucure Transat (LE) Yacht, Sailor & Captain, Summer 2014

1. bounddreamer says:

Dear Eugenia, I know you must get requests for comparisons all the time, but I would really love to know how Dior Sailor looks compared to Essie Butler Please! When I saw “Sailor,” I thought to myself that I just have to have it. But I do have Butler Please and I try not to have really close shades in my collection, especially at the Dior price point. Thanks and have a lovely weekend!

I finally got around to pulling out Butler Please to compare, and while I didn’t swatch them on my nails, I can tell you that the Essie is a couple of degrees lighter with the Dior pulling a little brighter & somewhat deeper in tone – not earth-shattering differences, however. The biggest difference is in the formula, with the Dior being much more effortless to apply (several people have commented on how finicky their bottle of Butler Please was) which might be all the incentive you need!

• bounddreamer says:

That is a big green light to me! Thank you for checking them out in person. I’m going to pick up Sailor when it’s available, and maybe that pretty Yacht, too! I can’t resist a good taupe.

Great! Yacht is absolutely gorgeous – you’ll definitely get good mileage out of that one!

2. I love all three as well Eugenia – I’ll have to check them out when they’re available around here! I still haven’t purchased a ‘wow’ cobalt blue yet (torn between brands) but maybe Dior will be the winner – I’m having a love affair with the polishes lately ever since buying my first last year, and I’m on a roll :)

3. Kristine says:

When I first saw the bottles I thought – good, they look like fairly standard cremes – I won’t be tempted at all. But then I saw your swatches and read they are a crelly formula. Argh. My Weakness!! The silvery shimmer is intriguing as well. I love Sailor, but I think Captain is the one that’s going to get into my head over the next few days and force me to head to Holts! They all look so juicy. Amazing swatches! :)

Last Friday evening I went to the Saks flagship to check these out (YES I spent my Friday evening on the beauty floor at Saks, it was awesome!), but despite really, really wanting to I couldn’t convince myself that I needed any of these. Sailor looks great in your photos, though. It didn’t seem as bright on me and I was sort of disappointed. Maybe the light wasn’t good? I guess if they are going to be more widely released I could wait awhile. I’m hoping to see something special from Dior or Chanel fairly soon–I have the itch to acquire but I don’t want to buy “just because”.

I honestly can’t stand department store lighting – NOTHING ever looks good there. If you get a chance to swatch these at the counter, then I suggest you take them out into natural light to see what they’re really all about, and then decide. As to something special from the brands, not sure what you’re looking for, but something tells me that they won’t disappoint – these brands never do!

NEEEEEED. I have Dior Electric Blue which looks a lot like Sailor in shade, but it doesn’t have that shimmer and it’s more a cream…I’m going to have to get all of these, I think. I’ll wait ’til May 1st since I don’t particularly love shopping at Saks.

What’s wrong with Saks? Never mind…I’ve had my share of issues with a few stores as well, so I can probably hazard a guess! Yessssssss……you need this Sailor! ;)

6. Gorgeous!! LOVE that intense shine!