A while back, OPI released the Neo-Pearl Collection which consists of 12 pearlescent shades, but in a first for the brand: 6 are in the regular formula and 6 in the Infinite Shine formula, with none of the colours duplicated. I’m a little behind in posting this, but with the incredibly warm & sunny weather we’ve been having here in Montréal, these summery hues seem to fit in so perfectly right now!
As stated above, the collection is made up of twelve shades, but as 6 are in the regular format (CAN $13.95/each) with the other 6 being Infinite Shine (CAN $16.95/each), you can almost consider these as 2 separate capsule collections — although it should be noted that while at last count they’re showing as available in stores and online, this is a limited edition collection. The formula is very easy to work with, flowing easily along the nail without pooling at the cuticles, self-levelling, and coming to a brilliant natural finish. The Infinite Shine shades (those with the silver cap) all have a complex refined shimmer and while there is a special top coat designed to be used with them, I’ve had success without as well. The 6 regular shades (black caps) also come in an easy to work with formula, but you’ll need a steadier hand in application to keep the look seamless, as they have a touch more “frostiness” to them. Both come with OPI’s wide brush that splays beautifully along the nail.
For the sake of keeping things unified, all swatches are with 2 coats of polish, no base or top coats.
- You’re Full of Abalone – soft ivory with a pale pink shift
- I’m a Natural – baby pink/peach with a lavender shift
- Two Baroque Pearls – icy pearlescent baby blue
- Glisten Carefully – sweet lilac with a soft pink shift
For the last 2 shades of Infinite Shine group, I opted to show them in both natural sun (top photos) and in shade (bottom two photos), to show how different they can appear in varied lighting.
- Olive for Pearls! – chameleon-like shimmery olive with a bronze shift
- Love or Lust-er? – smooth purple with a pearly pink/lavender shift
- Did You See Those Mussels? – iridescent pale blue
- Shellabrate Good Times! – shimmering icy white
- Shellmates Forever! – glowing subtle lilac
- Pretty in Pearl – softest peach/nude shimmer
- Just a Hint of Pearl-ple – shimmering vintage-y violet
- Two Pearls in a Pod – pearly gunmetal green
You guys know how much I love my luxury nail polish brands (CHANEL, Dior, Givenchy, Guerlain & YSL) but I’ve been a longtime fan of OPI as well, going back to the days of their original formula. And cheesy names aside (although some are absolutely priceless!) which, by the way, I actually asked Suzi Weiss-Fischmann about when I had the opportunity to meet her, to which she replied that there’s a whole lot of laughter in the room as they come up with them — this is a lovely and absolutely ethereal collection. In case you’re wondering, my faves are mainly from the Infinite Shine grouping because I really adore the formula and the complexity of their shimmers. But fair warning: while this collection is still available, it won’t be for much longer.
Available at salons and online
Kindly provided by OPI for my unbiased consideration