- Beauty Journalist & proud Montrealer with a passion for beauty in all its fabulous diversity. "Beauty begins the moment you choose to be yourself" - Coco Chanel
To suscribe, please enter your email:
Categoriesa england beauty Beauty Tools Blush Bronzers Brushes Chanel Chanel nail polish China Glaze Comparisons Cosmetics Deborah Lippmann Dior Essie Event Eye Liner Eye Shadow Face Powders Foundation fragrance Glitter polishes Guerlain Highlighter Highlight Powders Illamasqua limited edition Lip balm Lip Gloss Lip products lipstick MAC Makeup Makeup Artist Makeup Brushes MAKE UP FOR EVER Mascara nail polish Nail Polish Comparisons NARS NARS reviews OPI palette shimmer polish Skincare Urban Decay
- @ommorphia on Instagram
Filed In: Lip Gloss
CHANEL’s Dernières Neiges Collection is filled with an ethereal watercolour beauty as well as the promise of Spring … and about as lovely as a collection can get. Rose tones which add such a brightening effect, play a starring role along with texture and formula variations — but the real story is in how beautifully everything works, whether you opt for just one piece or the entire lot (although something tells me you’ll want it all).
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Louboutin Beauté is adding to their lineup with the introduction of Rouge Louboutin Lash Amplifying Lacquer in the brand’s signature red hue, along with Loubibelle Lip Beauty Oil, a new hybrid balm/gloss product in the same iconic red tint — but a billion times easier to wear and super comfy at that.
Fresh has recently added to their cult-fave range of Sugar Lip Treatments, and if you’ve yet to get on board, you’re in for an absolute ‘treat’. With creamy textures, yummy flavours, and ultra-nourishing properties, any one of these (or all of them, for that matter) will have you wanting to apply over & over again. Or maybe that’s just me …
Back in early May, I was invited to meet with Fresh Co-founder Alina Roytberg, where she provided me with an in-depth breakdown of all the upcoming launches but more importantly, I was able to learn more about the brand from a more human perspective — in other words, her story of how & why she and husband Lev Glazman pioneered the use of sugar as a natural humectant in the beauty industry. Their product range began with a focus on lips because their thinking was that “you have to treat your lips the same way you treat your eyes … blending effective skincare ingredients with sublime textures for that delicate area”. I couldn’t agree more.
with Fresh Co-founder Alina Roytberg
An absolutely ‘fresh’ buffet laid out at the event
A preview of all the Fresh newness
Sugar Cream Lip Treatment (CAN $29.00/each) | Adding to the range (for a total of 6 now), these have been inspired by Co-founder Alina Roytberg’s love of painting & desserts; housed in metal ‘paint-like’ tubes, the formula calls to mind ethereal watercolour shades, while the creamy texture captures that of ‘whipped crème fraîche’ (I’m already salivating). Said to provide 6-hour moisture, you can wear them solo, over lipstick or Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment, or even under matte lippies for added slip and hydration. Key ingredients include:
- Sugar – a natural humectant known to prevent moisture loss
- Blend of Black Currant Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil & Avocado Oil – provides moisture and nourishment to soften and smooth the skin
- Avocado Oil – a moisturizing & emollient oil that contains Vitamins D and E plus essential fatty acids
- Grapeseed Oil – helps to smooth & soften, rich in antioxidants known to protect from damaging free radicals
- Vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant that helps soothe, soften & protect the skin
- Vitamin C – a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect the skin
Sugar Candy Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 (CAN $29.00) | Inspired by mounds of frothy cotton candy at county fairs, Alina created this Sugar Candy Lip Treatment in a bright pink hue that’s flattering on all skin tones, along with the same nourishing feel as the rest in this range. Some key ingredients include:
- Sugar – a natural humectant known to prevent moisture loss
- Blend of Meadowfoam and Black Currant Seed Oils – helps to moisturize
- Grapeseed Oil – helps to smooth & soften, rich in antioxidants known to protect from free radicals
- Vitamins C & E – powerful antioxidants that help to protect the skin
- Beeswax – known for its antioxidant properties, helps to soften the skin
- Carnauba Wax – a natural wax that coats the leaves of the Brazilian Carnauba Palm, seals in moisture & acts as a protective barrier to help prevent dehydration
Sugar Lip Caramel Hydrating Balm (CAN $23.00) | Available early August, the brand’s newest and most decadent lip launch has got to be this balm that promises to deliver next-generation moisture — a whopping 24 hours of continuous hydration, no less. As if that weren’t enough, there’s the absolutely mouth-watering gourmand scent & taste: literally the yummiest caramel you’ve ever tried. Apart from adding light shine, this product also coats lips with a protective veil to seal in moisture and defend against dehydration all day long. Talk about a guilty pleasure! Key ingredients include:
- Sugar – a natural humectant known to protect against moisture loss
- Apricot Kernel Oil – helps to nourish and maintain elasticity
- Black Currant Seed Oil – helps to protect and promote suppleness
- Grapeseed Oil – helps to moisturize, soothe and soften
- Vitamin E – for added protection
I am never without a lip balm/treatment of some kind; in fact, you can probably find at least 4 different varieties in my bag at any given time, and all because my lips become ridiculously moisture-depleted throughout the day. And that’s 365 days a year, mind you. So let’s just say that these products really grabbed my attention at the preview and I couldn’t wait to put them through the wringer. How did they fare? Love them all — the Sugar Lip Treatments for easy of use and the gorgeous shine they impart, the Sugar Candy Lip Treatment to act as a barrier under matte lippies, and while I’ve never been a fan of balm pots (somehow the product always manages to get under my nails), I’ll make an exception for the Sugar Lip Caramel because it smells, tastes, and feels as good as it looks. Best part: no carbs. Indulge away, my beauties.
Available at Sephora
Media samples kindly provided, all opinions are my own
Building upon the success of their award-winning Noir Révélateur lipstick, Givenchy is set to drop L’Autre Noir Collection for fall 2017, an entire group of products centred around the theme of colour-changing cosmetics. Created with eosin which reacts to your own body’s pH levels, the colour revealed becomes unique to everyone. Now THAT’s what I like to call truly customizable makeup.