This past Tuesday, the Grand Palais in Paris was transformed into the salons of 31 rue Cambon, otherwise known as the address of one of fashion’s most venerable houses: that of CHANEL. Titled ‘Front Row Only‘, Karl Lagerfeld’s vision for his Ready-to-Wear Fall/Winter 2016-2017 show was to give all attendees their very own coveted front row spot from which to enjoy the show, a feat made possible by the clever seating arrangement.
Makeup and nails were brought to life by Tom Pecheux who kept things to a minimal and softly monochromatic palette, made edgy & unique via the ‘quilted’ pattern stencilled onto the models eyelids – echoing the iconic quilting that has become synonymous with CHANEL. On their nails, the models wore the new Longwear Nail Colour N°522 Monochrome along with the new Le Gel Top Coat (reviews on both to follow), a modern dove-grey hue that was in keeping with the entire theme, allowing the clothing to stand out. The hair created by Sam McKnight was kept loose and unstructured on some, tightly curled on others, but otherwise free of elaborate styling – given dimension by the addition of pearl hair ornaments, embellished leather hairbands, and bowler hats in lustrous leather.
The products used:
- Skin: La Solution 10 de CHANEL, Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation, Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder, Éclat Lumière Highlighting Pen, Correcteur Perfection Long-Lasting Concealer
- Eyes: Les Quatres Ombres Tissè Essentiel, Ombre Essentiel Midnight (from the Blue Rhythm Collection 2015), Beige Doré Stylo Eyeshadow, Le Crayon Khôl 61 Noir, Le Crayon Khôl 62 Ambre, Dimensions de CHANEL Noir Mascara
- Eyebrows: La Palette Sourcils de CHANEL
- Cheeks: Joues Contraste 190 Angélique
- Lips: Rouge Coco Marlène (lips first prepped with Rouge Coco Baume)
- Nails: Base Lissante et Protectrice (base), Le Vernis in Monochrome, Le Gel Top Coat
2016-17 Fall/Winter Ready-to-Wear Show
Photos: Benoît Peverelli
Grand Palais, Paris
Luminous leather makes even bowler hats chic