Clarins has been infusing their products with the benefits of botanicals for over 60 years now, so it should come as no surprise that they would create a lip product that helps lips feel as good as they look. Lengthy name aside, the Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil is a hybrid gloss-balm-treatment, and ever since the launch of the original 2 shades a while back, more have joined the lineup, because well … options.
How adorable is this ‘takeout’ box + lollipop? ♥
Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil (CAN $25.00/each) | I am all about glosses & balms, and you can usually find several of each in my makeup bag at any given time. When it comes to ingredients, the pure plant formula of these lip oils contains a blend of hazelnut & organic jojoba oils which do an excellent job of nourishing the delicate skin of the lips. The wide paddle-shaped applicator is soft and supple, making it easy to follow lip contours and deposit the right amount of product per swipe. You can use this product lightly dabbed on as a pre-lipstick prep — particularly effective for wearing underneath matte lip products, on its own (my preferred method), or even dabbed over lipstick for an extra kick of shine.
- 01 Honey – (the original shade) nude tinted & honey flavoured
- 04 Candy – a unique pH formula that reacts with your lips to provide a customized shade of pink, sweet candy-like flavour
- 05 Tangerine – a unique pH formula that reacts with your lips to provide a customized shade of orange, citrus flavour
- 06 Mint – leaves a cool-leaning transparency behind, minty flavoured and with a slight plumping effect
- 07 Honey Glam – (limited edition) similar in tone and flavour to the original, with the addition of non-gritty shimmer
I’m fortunate in having many options to choose from when it comes to glosses/balms, but still have a tendency to reach for the same ones — mostly because when I find something that works, I tend to stick to it (right?). That said, I basically rediscovered these Lip Comfort Oils when I began my research for this post. Guess what? I’ve just added Honey back in my makeup bag which is the equivalent to saying “it’s damn good”. Stepping out of my comfort zone definitely worked out well.
Available at Sephora & all other Clarins counters
Kindly provided by Clarins for my unbiased consideration