Today marks Day 1 of “skincare week” (I recently put out a poll on my Insta Stories asking if you guys would like me to do something like this, and the answer was a resounding YES! By the way, if you’re not already following, come join me on Instagram @ommorphia so you don’t miss out on all the latest beauty & skincare news!) and I’m starting things off with the Capture Youth Collection, one of Dior’s latest — and in my opinion — most unique skincare launches to date. In fact, taking care of your skin just got that much more personal, thanks to these incredible serums.
As someone who is rather skincare-obsessed, I greet each new launch with absolute excitement and Dior is a brand that has been really impressing me of late, so I was naturally curious to dive into this collection. According to the press info, this range is technically geared for a younger demographic (the 25 to 30-something set) than I fall into, but honestly, don’t let the numbers distract; everyone — regardless of age — can truly benefit from these products.
Capture Youth Age-Delay Serum (CAN $120.00/each) | These serums may have been created to work synergistically with the Age-Delay Advanced Cream, but you can also use them in conjunction with other products and still see amazing results. There are 3 ways in which each serum can be used, meaning that you can basically tailor the effect to meet your desired needs: apply your selected serum [straight up] followed by the cream, add a few drops of serum directly into the cream — mix together & apply, or finally use your chosen serum followed by your usual moisturizer for 30 days (morning & night) as an intensive treatment, especially useful for when your skin is feeling and/or looking particularly stressed out.
- Lift Sculptor – a high performance resculpting treatment rich in naturally derived polyphenols to help combat lack of skin tone and elasticity. Enriched with antioxidant Iris, your skin will also benefit from an instant tightening effect.
- Plump Filler – a concentrate created with naturally derived hyaluronic acid molecules of differing molecular weight to help rehydrate skin at the surface level and improve the cutaneous substance as well. Enriched with antioxidant Iris, this texture is quickly absorbed into skin and leaves a fully nourished feel behind.
- Matte Maximizer – created with lactic acid, pink clay, and zinc gluconate, this serum helps to absorb excess shine and sebum, and also works to refine skin’s texture with continued use. The naturally derived ingredients and ultra-fluid texture leaves a velvety-soft feel behind and helps the complexion stay blemish-free.
- Glow Booster – this radiance concentrate is made with Kakadu Plum, a fruit that’s 100 times more concentrated in Vitamin C than an orange. Working to help clarify the complexion and even out tone, it’s also enriched with antioxidant Iris and provides skin with nourishing benefits along with radiance.
- Redness Soother – ideal for sensitive skin, this serum is created with cotton peptides derived from natural sources along with antioxidant Iris, to help maintain skin’s balance and keep it feeling continuously hydrated. The light green corrective tint is excellent at providing skin with an instant evening out effect and feels refreshingly light and soothing.
Age-Delay Advanced Crème (CAN $120.00) | This cream has been designed to work with all of the above serums, but that’s not the sum of its capabilities — as it somehow (and magically, it seems), also suits basically every skin type across the spectrum. Created with a high concentration of antioxidant Iris, its ‘plant mesh’ is said to ‘help reactivate the epidermis’ internal resistance process each day while offering an instant smoothing action’. It also boasts a composition of 88% naturally derived ingredients and has been specially formulated to be gentle on the skin, making it ideal even for those with sensitivities. The true benefit, however, lies in the the fact that with continual use, the complexion appears more toned & even-textured, while helping provide resistance to both external and internal aggressors, resulting in stronger skin aka: more youthful looking. Sounds pretty good to me.
In a nutshell: if you’re looking to up your skin care game and truly make it personal, then do yourself a favour and get to your nearest Dior counter to give these serums a serious look over. While you’re at it, test drive the cream as well, because from where I stand, it’s not to be missed. At the end of the day, it’s about keeping your largest organ (i.e.: the skin) healthy, and giving it the tools to work for you. The fact that I adore serums has nothing to do with it (well, maybe a little) … this collection is also perfect for the warm weather that’s [finally] upon us.
Available at Dior counters nationwide
Kindly provided by Dior for my unbiased consideration