Guerlain · Terracotta Light 2022

 

Guerlain recently launched their newest bronzer in the Terracotta family along with an accompanying brush, and I’m so here for both! Having been one of the first luxury brands to market bronzing powders, you can bet that this House has the formula down, and even a quick glimpse shows that no detail has been spared … as per usual, I might add.

 

 

Follow @ommorphia  YouTube ♦ Instagram ♦ Facebook ♦ Twitter ♦ Pinterest ♦ Bloglovin

I was actually a little floored when I received this PR mailer; for starters, it came with this gorgeous, fun & totally usable woven drawstring bag — one I fully intend to use this summer, by the way. And if the bronzer & brush weren’t enough, the brand also generously included a bottle of fragrance (Aqua Allegoria Rosa Rossa), one of the KissKiss Lip Balm shades (Lavender Glow), and this mini bottle of Veuve Cliquot champagne … basically all the components needed to get me ready for a summertime date!

 

 

Terracotta Light 03 Medium Warm (CAN $66.00) | Housed in the brand’s iconic tortoiseshell packaging with the logo magically appearing under the right lighting, the mottled surface of the powder serves a unique purpose, one specifically designed to help provide you with the most natural-looking sun kissed glow. Comprised of 96% natural-origin ingredients (the remaining 4% helps with maintaining the integrity of the product), the formula also contains natural-origin Moroccan Flower Honey — known for its moisturizing properties, along with luminescent shimmer that provides a subtle yet still believable glow to the skin. The four elements of the powder include: a satin bronzing shade, a tone-on-tone matte bronzing hue, a soft blush shade, and a universal luminizer suitable for all skin types and tones. While softly fragranced, note that this quickly dissipates soon after application. The texture is incredibly fine milled and blends seamlessly, fusing beautifully with your skin’s natural warmth and oils for a truly natural finish (and never the type that just sits at surface level). Swirled together, the shades combine to create a beautiful and almost 3D-like effect on the skin, without ever coming off as flat or one-dimensional.

Available in 6 colour harmonies

 

 

 

Terracotta Brush (CAN $72.00) | This short kabuki-style brush is made with ultra-soft high quality synthetic bristles, densely packed and in an angled contour shape. The handle features a responsibly sourced lacquered wood base with the FSC WOOD label (the certification needed to designate wood as coming from a sustainable harvest). The chiselled shape of the brush helps with precision application as well as getting into narrower areas with ease. After playing around with this brush, I found that it’s absolutely amazing for buffing product in and feels very soft and velvety along the skin, but its density means you’ll need to pick up a light amount to start with for the best result. Personally, I prefer using either a fluffier or a dual-fibred brush for initial application, but I really like how well this one buffs skin, especially when used along larger areas.

 

 

 

 

 

Guerlain’s Terracotta bronzers have long ranked as some of my absolute faves; seriously, a quick look through my Guerlain tab here on the blog is testament to that. What helps this formula stand apart, is the nice range of colour ways that will be suitable for the lightest to the darkest of complexions, as well as the nice mix of bronzer, pop of blush and subtle shimmer which pretty much turns this into an almost 3-in-one type product. What impresses me the most, however, is that it delivers as promised: a truly believable sun-kissed glow, and that definitely works for me.

Available at Guerlain counters and online

 

 

 

Kindly provided by Guerlain for my unbiased consideration

What are your thoughts, beautiful?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.