It’s Christmas Eve and while hopefully most of you have long completed your holiday shopping, there are some people who may still need a gift (or two), and I’ve got some interesting options from Laura Mercier to show you. From everything I’ve tried thus far, I can’t help but be impressed by the products, and find that all the gift sets are beautifully curated as well. My guess is that the only problem you’ll face, is in narrowing down which to pick up (spoiler: you can’t go wrong with any).
Nights Out Eye Shadow Palette, limited edition (CAN $65.00) | With a festive rosegold ‘splatter‘ design on the outside over, this compact comes in sturdy metal complete with a full-sized mirror on the inner lid and a magnetic closure. Inside, you’ll find 12 eyeshadows — 2 mattes & 10 shimmers — that also range from cool to warm, and can be used to create a broad variety of looks to take you easily from day to night. Colour payoff is good (although the two darkest shades do need some work for a deeper opacity), and staying power when applied over primer, is wonderful as well.
- Bone – light nude beige, matte
- Night Violet – peach pink with gold shimmer
- Pink Pulse – rose gold shimmer with a pink flash
- Stardust – icy blue shimmer
- Sequin – peacock shimmer
- Black Frost – ebony with sparkle
- Neo Nude – nude beige, matte
- Plum Frost – maroon shimmer with ruby sparkle
- Amber Glow – tangerine golden shimmer
- Gilded – gold shimmer
- Skyline – navy shimmer with blue sparkle
- Voodoo – charcoal with light sparkle
Mood Glow Face Illuminator Trio, limited edition (CAN $65.00) | Bearing the same holiday packaging as the eye shadow compact, this set is comprised of three of the brand’s Face Illuminator highlighting shades — all conveniently housed in one compact. Created with prismatic light-reflective pigments, these hues are buildable for more impact, although the effect is meant to be more along the lines of a subtle yet still multi-dimensional glow. The texture of each powder is buttery soft with minimal kickback seen upon swirling a brush across the rippled surface, with excellent staying power when layered over primer/foundation. Can also be applied to eyes (inner corner, under brow bone) as well as décolletage.
- Ambition – golden pink
- Devotion – icy pink with silver shift
- Indiscretion – rose gold
Stardust Radiant Glow Palette, limited edition (CAN $65.00) | The festive holiday pattern on the cover opens up to reveal three stunning highlight powders with a ‘marbled‘ design that provides a visual appeal to go with the multi-dimensional effect they provide. The long-wearing formula (in particular when applied over primer/foundation) is created with pure light-reflecting pigments and can be easily built up — but I suggest starting with a light amount, and increasing as desired. An interesting features of these shades is that the colour can be customized, depending on where you place your brush along each pan & how much of each ‘vein‘ you pick up (see the swatch below for a better example). Can also be used along eyes, décolletage, or to give skin a sun-kissed glow.
- Rosegold Mélange – pink nude base with bronze veining
- Champagne Mélange – champagne nude base with icy white veining
- Bronze Mélange – beige base with bronze and aubergine veining
Starlights Lip Glacé Collection, limited edition (CAN $67.00) | This set contains 5 travel-sized lip glosses in the brand’s Lip Glacé format (you can even split them up to be used as stocking stuffers). The non-sticky formula provides colour and shine, while BonBon, Cosmic & Rose Gold Accent also contain shimmery bits for an added touch of brilliance. Staying power is basically what you’d expect from sheer glosses, approximately 2-3 hours, although the moisturized feel they leave behind is a welcome bonus.
- Bonbon – coral
- Cosmic – nude pink with shimmer
- Bare Pink – baby pink
- Rose Gold Accent – sheer base with rose gold shimmer
- Pink Pop – bright pink
Luxe Indulgences Almond Coconut Milk Luxe Body Collection (CAN $98.00) | This collection features an assortment of the brand’s cult-fave Almond Coconut Milk range of products. This gourmand grouping of body & bath products was inspired by the soothing fragrance of almond and coconut milks, not to mention the comforting effect they provide to the skin. The set includes:
- Almond Coconut Milk Soufflé Body Crème – a whipped yet silky smooth cream that throughly nourishes the skin, with a unique essence of coconut, almond, milk and vanilla
- Almond Coconut Milk Honey Bath – with the same essences as the Body Crème, pour this luxurious cream under running water for a truly sensorial bath experience, then enjoy the supple and perfectly soothed feeling it imparts to skin
- Almond Coconut Milk Body Wash – a gentle body wash that creates a creamy lather and thoroughly cleanses skin, leaving it feeling moisturized and lightly fragranced (with the same essences as above)
- Almond Coconut Milk Eau de Toilette – the final touch, you can prolong the yummy fragrance journey with this delicious scent, as it perfectly captures the essences of: almond, coconut milk, jasmine, rosewood, ylang-ylang, vanilla, tonka, heliotrope, and musk.
- Wooden Honey Dipper – made to be used with the Almond Coconut Milk Honey Bath, although to be honest I think I’ll be repurposing it to use with actual (edible) honey instead
Luxe Indulgences Soufflé Body Crème Collection (CAN $53.00) | This set contains a curated smaller-sized selection of the brand’s beloved Body Soufflé creams. A great way to be introduced to this product, the four scents include: Almond Coconut Milk, Ambre Vanille, Fresh Fig, and Crème de Pistache and I can honestly say that I don’t know which I love best — they all smell good enough to eat (but don’t) and the whipped formula makes them effortless to apply and easily absorbed into the skin, leaving a moisturized and non-greasy feel behind.
Luxe Indulgences Hand & Body Crème Collection (CAN $45.00) | Hand creams are my Kryptonite and I love being introduced to new versions — especially when they all smell as amazing as these four, to go with the thoroughly moisturizing feeling they impart. This foursome includes: Almond Coconut Milk, Ambre Vanille, Crème Brûlée, and Tarte au Citron, and apart from their seriously delicious fragrances, they all completely nourish skin and are perfectly sized for tucking into your makeup bag. Bonus: the non-greasy feel (thank you).
I just realized that apart from a very few items (literally 3), I don’t own much from Laura Mercier, and yet it’s a brand that’s been hovering around my beauty periphery for years. That said, I’ve always been interested in trying the body care products and to that end, these sets are absolutely perfect — plus they all come in fragrances I adore. The holiday makeup featured in today’s post were all wonderful surprises as well — in terms of performance as well as their visual appeal. Let me put it this way: any one of these pieces would never scream ‘last minute gift‘, and will make your recipient very, very happy. By the way, everything is limited edition and even if you don’t see some of these online, I’d still suggest looking in store.
Available at Sephora & online
Kindly provided by Laura Mercier for my unbiased consideration