OPI released this collection last year and while my post is a smidge overdue (blame the pandemic for screwing up my schedule), thankfully everything is still available. With shimmery rainbow-inspired shades, the collection consists of 6 in the regular formula and 6 in the Infinite Shine formula — and all just so dang pretty.
Just as with the earlier Neo Pearl Collection (reviewed here), this collection consists of 6 shades in the regular format (black caps, CAD $13.00/each) and 6 Infinite Shine shades (silver caps, CAD $18.00/each) — and all unique colour-wise, without any repeats. The main difference between the two versions, is that the Infinite Shine formula (when used with the matching base & top coats) is said to provide a longer chip-free finish along with a brilliant shine. As far as this collection goes, the Infinite Shine grouping appears to be somewhat more opaque and with a softer complex shimmer, while the regular group is visibly sheerer, but with a more pronounced prismatic shimmer.
All swatches below are with 2 coats of polish each, no base or top coats.
- Optical Illusion-Sun | pale yellow with a lime cast & pink iridescence
- Your Lime To Shine | soft aqua with a blue-pink iridescence
- Coral Chroma | shimmering orange with a rosy flash
- Feeling Optiprismic | pale lilac/pink shimmer
- Rainbows In Your Fuchsia | iridescent vivid pink
- Prismatic Fanatic | cornflower blue with lavender iridescence
- Ray-Diance | pale yellow with pink smooth glitter shards
- Magic Hour | soft tangerine with hot pink smooth glitter shards
- She’s A Prismaniac | vivid pink with pink smooth glitter shards
- Gleam On | glistening green with reflective smooth glitter shards
- Pigment Of My Imagination | baby blue with iridescent smooth glitter shards
- Rainbows A Go Go | purple/hot pink with pink smooth glitter shards
Interestingly with this collection, I’m actually leaning more towards the shades of the regular format although I usually prefer the Infinite Shine formula. The two that have grabbed me the most are Your Lime To Shine and Pigment Of My Imagination — guess I’m in a blue phase, or maybe it’s because they both remind me of the beach. Well, since I won’t be travelling anytime soon, at least I can bring the vay-cay to my nails.
Available online and select salons nationwide
Kindly provided by OPI for my unbiased consideration