Fall is a couple of days away and while I’m all for transitioning into autumnal shades, I’m still not ready to let summer go … and so I’ll cap off the season with OPI’s Malibu Summer 2021 Collection and these 12 shades which totally took me by surprise. And I mean that in the best way, of course.
this Malibu coastline, though
With a mix of crèmes & shimmers, neutrals & vivid brights, this collection is a worthy send-off to summer. All shades have several commonalities: self-levelling upon application, excellent pigmentation, and coming to a naturally glossy finish. The brush is super easy to use as well, splaying beautifully along the nail. All swatches below are with 2 coats of polish, no base or top coats.
I’ve used many different base and top coats over the years, but the ones I’ve been reaching for the most lately is this Infinite Shine duo. For starters, the base coat dries quickly and creates a smooth canvas for whatever is layered on top, while the top coat provides not only one of the glossiest finishes I’ve seen, but helps to keep the polish from chipping — for days! For the record, I use both of these with other brands as well & have zero issues.
The 6 neutrals of this collection call to mind the sandy shores of Malibu, and consist of 5 crèmes and 1 with beautiful fairy-like shimmer.
The 6 vivid bright shades of this collection are fun, yet still easy to wear — and seem filled with such a strong beachy energy.
The complex shimmer found in four of the shades shades in the collection, adds an extra zing and interesting sparkle.
- From Dusk Til Dune | oyster pink with complex shimmer
- Coastal Sand-tuary | off white crème
- El Mat-adoring You | soft caramel crème
- Bonfire Serenade | pinky taupe crème
- Endless Sun-ner | burnt sienna crème
- Cliffside Karaoke | milk chocolate crème
- Mali-blue Shore | sky blue crème
- Marigolden Hour | buttercup yellow crème
- Pear-adise Cove | lime green crème
- PCH Love Song | tangerine red with golden shimmer
- Strawberry Waves Forever | hot pink with multi-tonal shimmer
- The Sound of Vibrance | intense violet with a blue shift
So if the above swatches aren’t enough to convince you, then I don’t know what will; this is a gorgeous collection and each shade a winner. The downside? It will be gone with the warmth of summer (although you can bet that I’m going to be in denial for a while), so go snag ’em while you still can.
Available at OPI retailers nationwide
Kindly provided by OPI for my unbiased consideration