French skincare brand Lierac has just launched Liftissime 3D, a range of products that merges the best of science along with nature, in a patented and groundbreaking anti-ageing solution: Cell-Junction complex. Together with active fractions of the crocus plant, sphingoceramide BT and a plant peptide, this ‘unique complex increases the effectiveness and reinforces the power of these three ingredients in oder to target PERLECAN, the face’s true centre of gravity‘.
In short, the lineup of 7 products that make up the Liftissime range (not shown/tested: Rich Reshaping Cream, Re-Plumping Balm Lips & Contours) have been created to offer a non-invasive 3D lifting effect to the skin by encouraging cellular cohesion. As I’m not a scientist, the following information puts it into perspective:
‘The more cells bind together, the more they interact, providing the different layers of skin with shape and substance so that they remain structured and closely joined. PERLECAN, a proteoglycan consisting of a protein and glycosaminoglycan (GAG), is an essential component of the Dermo-Epidermal Junction (DEJ), playing a crucial dual balancing role in the skin, this ensures cohesion between the different layers of skin‘
In a nutshell, you can think of PERLECAN as velcro, working to bind the dermis and epidermis to the Dermo-Epidermal Junction, so that the layers of skin are kept anchored together and thus stay supported in a ‘state of tension’ – the “lifting” effect, in other words.
Hybridizing nature with cutting-edge technology is something that many brands have been turning to more & more, and as skincare is something I’m quite passionate about, the research behind this range had me quite curious to give it a try.
- ACTIVE FRACTIONS OF CROCUS – native to the mountainous regions of Southern Europe, the crocus blossoms in the Spring and symbolizes new beginnings and rediscovered youth. Active fractions of crocus chrysanthus are widely recognized for their action on cellular communication
- PLANT PEPTIDE – a plant peptide derived from the pea (pisum sativum) has antioxidant properties and is obtained through fully controlled extraction and purification methods. It protects and repairs the skin and helps to give it increased firmness and elasticity
- SPHINGOCERAMIDE-BT (BIO-TECH) – Lierac Laboratories have selected a biomimetic sphingoceramide identical to cutaneous ceramides that play a structural role in biological membranes and promotes cellular stimulation
- HYALURONIC ACID – pharmaceutical grade, able to absorb up to 1,000 times its own weight in water which helps restore density to the skin. It forms an emollient, smoothing and protective film that has a surface-filling effect
Another point to mention, is that with the exception of the eye serum, all the other products in this range are scented; according to the brand:
‘top notes with a delicate hint of wild berries leads into a blossoming of the fresh and feminine notes of a generous bouquet of white Jasminum Sambac and freesia flowers, which finally gives way to a warm and enveloping sandalwood base. It is at once subtle and feminine’
In general I’m not hyper-sensitive to scent so fragrance in products is not something I notice all that much (although I do make it a point to smell EVERYTHING), but I must say that there is nothing ‘subtle’ about the scent here. As someone who’s not into florals, I actually find the fragrance combination quite unique and pleasant; that being said, I must confess that on the days where I was suffering from a migraine headache, I was unable to wear anything of the Liftissime range other than the eye serum – and that’s never happened to me before. Those with sensitivities, take note.
Note: the following products were all tested on my skin (morning & night) over a period of 4 weeks.
Crocus Chrysanthus (credit)
Lierac | Liftissime 3D Lifting chart
Lierac | Liftissime 3D Lifting
Lierac | Liftissime 3D Lifting
Liftissime Sérum Intensive Re-Lifter (CAN $105.00) | A scented white/pink coloured serum fluid that is instantly absorbed into the skin, leaving zero residue behind. Meant to be used first (after cleansing and before applying moisturizer) to boost the efficacy of subsequent products. Ingredients specific to the Sérum include:
- Biotechnological Restructuring Agent (comprised of an energy source Methyl-Gluside-6-Phsophate, 2 essential amino acids to help promote collagen and elastin, and copper)
Lierac | Liftissime Sérum Intensive Re-Lifter (ingredients)
Liftissime Yeux Re-Lifting Serum (CAN $80.00) | An unscented pinky-white gel-serum that feels cold to the touch upon initial application (a sensation that quickly dissipates), and can be applied equally above and below the eye using the soft-touch applicator. Ingredients specific to the Yeux Re-Lifting Serum include:
- Albizia and Holy Grass – used synergistically to treat the sensitive eye contour and eyelid area
- Ruscus Extract – anti-inflammatory and vasoconstricting properties to help activate microcirculation in order to drain tissue
Lierac | Liftissime Yeux Re-Lifting Serum (ingredients)
Liftissime Silky Reshaping Cream (CAN $110.00) | A scented pale apricot-tinted cream in a lightweight texture and that is easily absorbed into the skin, leaving a velvety feel behind. Available in 2 versions – Silky (for normal to dry skin) and Rich (for dry to very dry skin), this cream is meant to provide deep nourishment and hydration upon application, creating a ‘lifting’ effect (when used synergistically with the other products in this range) with continued use.
Lierac | Liftissime Silky Reshaping Cream
Lierac | Liftissime Silky Reshaping Cream (ingredients)
Liftissime Comforting Resculpting Cream (CAN $110.00) | A scented pale pink night cream with a dense buttery texture that is quickly absorbed into the skin, leaving a silky feel to the touch that also has a prolonged soft-skin effect felt even upon waking. Ingredients specific to the Comforting Resculpting Cream include:
- Encapsulated Volumizing Botanical Resin – Commipheroline (extracted from Commiphora Mukul, a shrub native to India and used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine) controls the activity of two enzymes involved in lipolysis and lipogenesis, to help slow down the wasting of the hypodermis and promote its reconstruction by plumping it up
Lierac | Liftissime Comforting Resculpting Cream
Lierac | Liftissime Comforting Resculpting Cream (ingredients)
Liftissime Cou Redensifying Gel-Cream Neck & Décolleté (CAN $90.00) | A pale pink gel-cream with a silky/slippery texture, mean to be used on the neck and décolleté areas. Ingredients specific to Liftissime Cou include:
- Biomimetic Restructuring Lipids – Using a concentrated and purified wheat extract (mature wheat has a lipidic profile similar to that of skin) for its wheat soromides, to help rebuild the lipidic barrier and to provide an immediate and lasting effect upon skin hydration
Lierac | Liftissime Redensifying Gel-Cream Neck & Décolleté
Lierac | Liftissime Redensifying Gel-Cream Neck & Décolleté (ingredients)
After a little over 4 weeks of religious application (and I’m stressing religious, because in order for any true results to be seen & felt with any skincare, it must be applied continuously and as directed), I have several things to report. After the first week, I didn’t notice any visible changes to my face & neck, although by the end of the first week I did find that the texture of my skin felt smoother and much softer to the touch. By the third week, I started to see a slight firmness along the jawline and the little crows feet around my eyes definitely appeared less pronounced; even the lines on my neck were less noticeable. By the end of the testing period, my skin looked even, refreshed, a touch more plump, while feeling totally nourished and velvety soft to the touch. The only criticism I have of the Liftissime range has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the products, but with the scent; in my opinion, skincare should stay away from including fragrances in their products, especially when considering the large number of people with sensitivities (during the worst of my migraines, I couldn’t tolerate this scent at all). Lierac, take note please. Another thing to factor in is the cost, which runs a little steep for a brand sold in drugstores, but I found that a little goes a long way (you can probably get between 2-3 months use out of each product) so you might want to factor that in when making your decision. Overall, the results are quite good and what impressed me the most, was that my skin felt not just smoother, but a little denser too. Not bad for non-invasive, am I right?
The Liftissime range from Lierac is available now at select drugstores across Canada. Find more info via www.lierac.ca
Press samples kindly provided for my unbiased consideration