Guerlain · Abeille Royale Double R Renew & Repair Advanced Serum


Guerlain has just released a revamped version of one of their best sellers in the Abeille Royale range: introducing the Double R Renew & Repair Advanced Serum. The look remains the same, but it’s what’s on the inside that’s really exciting.



Follow @ommorphia  YouTube ♦ Instagram ♦ Facebook ♦ Twitter ♦ Pinterest ♦ Bloglovin

Abeille Royale Double R Renew & Repair Advanced Serum (CAN $265.00/50 ml, 1.6 fl oz) | Housed in a similar hexagon-shaped bottle as the original (which is a nod to the honeycomb, symbolic of bees) but now in glass as opposed to plastic, the visual differences between this version and the former are subtle; this bottle being slightly taller (but which holds the same amount of product), the writing on the side is larger, and the logo on the bottom has been tweaked as well. It still comes with a patented dual-chambered delivery system, which helps maintain the integrity of both formulas until they’re released and combined. Originally created in 2018 (detailed review here), it was the first time a peeling and lifting action were combined in one bottle. Born of both science and the secrets of bee products (the latter is the raison d’être behind the entire range), this improved formula now consist of 96% natural origin ingredients (the remaining 4% is to help preserve the integrity of the formula over time), white honey concentrate (to help restore radiance), skin resurfacing AHAs and PHAs, and honey bio-polyfermentation — a new technology which helps augment the beneficial properties of the honeys in the formula which come from Ouessant Island (France), Ikaria (Greece), Corsica (France), and Åland (Finland). More technical detail on the formulation can be found here — definitely worth reading, if you’re a skincare nerd like me.

I have gone through several bottles of the original Double R Serum, and when used in conjunction with the Abeille Royale Advanced Youth Watery Oil (detailed review here), the effect is amplified and delivers the most amazing results. True story: I’m fortunate that I get to review quite a bit of skincare and there’s always something on rotation here. In general, I have resilient skin and don’t usually have adverse reactions, but recently I did react to one well-known and highly respected brand I was testing out. It could be I wasn’t using the products correctly, but the fact remains that my skin became quite sensitive, to the point where even my eyelids began burning & peeling and I ended up needing to slather Vaseline along my eyes for several days to calm things down. Needless to say, I stopped using those products (except for their Vitamin C Serum that I still use and love) and turned to my trusted Abeille Royale range for help. My skin was soooooooo happy! When I also incorporated this new Advanced Double R Serum, I noticed that within one week’s time, my face looked more even toned, the skin under my eyes now appears less puffy, and the texture of my skin is as soft as a baby’s butt. No, SOFTER. I’ll let all that speak for itself.

Also available in 30 ml for CAN $199.00


Even the bee wants in on this


The dynamic duo; these products pair beautifully together and work synergistically for maximum benefit on the skin


The Abeille Royale range ranks as one of my all-time favourites … and the one I turn to time and again, namely because I can see the effects on my skin. Apart from the cutting edge technology involved, there’s also a wholesome feel to the products — thanks to the use of honey; it’s like going back to nature, but better. I was already a fan of the original Double R Serum and this version just improved upon that, so thank you Guerlain. The icing on the cake? The brand’s incredible bee protection initiative: doesn’t get ‘sweeter’ than that.

Available at Guerlain counters & Guerlain Boutiques nationwide 



Kindly provided by Guerlain for my unbiased consideration

What are your thoughts, beautiful?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.