Drawing inspiration from the starlit skies above Château de la Colle Noire, aka: Christian Dior’s home away from Paris, the Holiday 2022 Collection is a study in celestial beauty via a unique design that was created by Italian artist Pietro Ruffo. Once again, the Maison creates magic centred around the colour gold — “l’Or” in French, which also happens to form part of the Dior name. Coincidence, or divine providence? Either way, it works and I’m loving it.
Anya Taylor-Joy for Dior’s Holiday 2022 campaign
5 Couleurs Couture Eyeshadow Palettes (CAN $80.00/each) | I almost don’t know where to start … I mean, just LOOK at that design! Housed in slim-profiled cases in the brand’s iconic navy lacquered hue, the 5 shades are embossed with the most exquisite constellation rendering. Galactic is the cooler leaning of the two palettes, while Cosmic Eyes definitely runs warmer, although either can be worn by a broad range of skin tones just the same. The shades are beautifully pigmented and all have a wonderful texture: creamy smooth & very easy to blend out. Dior palettes have been intentionally designed: the top two hues + the centre work well for a daytime/easy look, while the bottom two hues + the centre are perfect for creating more drama — but that’s just a guideline and you’re obviously free to create as you wish. Staying power (when worn over primer) is excellent, with all colours staying true until removed.
- Top left – soft bronze with an olive green shift, satin shimmer
- Top right – couture gold, shimmer
- Centre – champagne, satin
- Bottom right – gold spiked velvet black
- Bottom left – silver taupe, satin shimmer
- Top left – icy rosewood, shimmer
- Top right – silvery lavender shimmer
- Centre – pearl white with a prismatic shift
- Bottom right – black with iridescent platinum touches
- Bottom left – dirty burgundy, velvety matte
Rouge Blush (CAN $60.00/each) | Housed in the same packaging as the eyeshadow palettes and displaying that stunning constellation motif, these blushes have an ultra pigmented formula and blend out beautifully along the skin. Staying power – when worn over foundation and/or primer, is excellent as well without showing any sign of fading.
- 556 Cosmic Coral | apricot coral with hints of gold
- 826 Galactic Red | shimmering burgundy
Rouge Dior Lipstick (CAN $53.00/each) | There are 5 shades released with this collection (Rouge Fortune and 999, not shown) and the finishes range from a softly shimmering satin — all the way to a velvety matte. The bullet bears that same intricate constellation motif (seriously, though: all that detail on such a small surface is quite impressive) and trust me when I say that it almost hurts to have it wear away. Richly pigmented, these lipsticks are also long-wearing and infused with floral lip care to provide continuous hydration. Enchanted Pink has ultra fine shimmer in the mix and comes to a luminous finish, while Midnight Rose has a texture that both feels and looks like velvet. Deep and vampy-looking Mystic Plum is definitely an eye-catcher, but by blotting it down, you can also turn it into a whole new & more wearable look. All feel super comfortable throughout wear.
- 472 Enchanted Pink – satiny cool coral pink with fine shimmer
- 674 Midnight Rose – creamy rosewood, velvet finish
- 913 Mystic Plum – rich burgundy plum, satin matte
Dior Vernis | Dior’s nail lacquers have long been some of my favourites to wear, as much for the colours & formula, as for the excellent brush. The two shade of this collection — Fortune and Mystic, are highly colour saturated, apply in a self levelling way, and come to a naturally brilliant finish. While Cosmic may be considered a topper, it can also be worn on its own for a unique yet sparkling touch to the nails.
- 309 Cosmic Glittery Top Coat (CAN $40.00) – a gold/beige base filled with iridescent mother of pearl particles
- 864 Fortune (CAN $39.00) – classic red with ultra fine deep purple shimmer, giving it a “banked embers” lit-from-wthin appearance
- 903 Mystic (CAN $39.00) – deep taupe aubergine with an inner iridescent shimmer to elevate this vampy shade and give it a whopping helping of sultriness
All swatches below are with 2 coats of polish, no base or top coat
Once again, Dior has created a masterful Holiday collection. From the beautiful motifs, the stunning shades, and all the way to the amazing performance of each product, you honestly cannot go wrong with any of these pieces. Fair warning though: everything is limited edition, so … you know the drill.
Available at Dior counters for a limited time
Kindly provided by Dior for my unbiased consideration